Why are pop-ups appearing on your screen?
Linkbucks.com is a legitimate advertising network used to show adverts while users are browsing. Just like it is with other similar services, hackers like to take advantage of it and use it for malicious purposes. When you visit weird sites, you could see flashing ads claiming your software is out of date or that your computer is infected with something.
It is important that you never press on those kinds of ads or banners because one, they are bogus, and two, you will end up installing some kind of malware onto your system. If you see those ads once or twice while on certain sites, it’s nothing to worry about. However, if the ads are popping up constantly, you may have adware installed. It could have gotten into your computer when you were installing a free program. If that was the case, you need to uninstall Linkbucks.com adware immediately.
How to avoid an adware infection?
A lot of users tend to install freeware without paying much thought to it. That is a big mistake because by not pay attention to the process, they miss added offers, which are allowed to install alongside the freeware. In order to be able to prevent these infections, you should always use Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. They will allow you to see if something is attached, and if there is, you will be able to deselect everything. It is essential that you deselect everything because otherwise, you will be stuck having to delete Linkbucks.com adware or similar over and over again.
What does adware do?
Adware is usually pretty noticeable because it generates huge amount of advertisements. You will start seeing them everywhere, whether you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. And the only way to get rid of them is to remove Linkbucks.com adware. Some users might confuse adware with a malicious program but it’s not usually considered to be malware as it does no direct harm your computer. However, the ads that adware generates are not always harmless. The infection aims to generate revenue from advertisements but it does not ensure that they are safe. So you could easily be exposed to some kind of malicious threat. Be especially wary of ads claiming your computer is infected or that your software needs to be updated. Your browser will never legitimately alert you about an infection because it’s not capable of detecting one. And when a program needs to be updated, it will alert you, and not via some random ad at the top of your screen. Uninstall Linkbucks.com adware and everything should go back to normal.
If you indeed have adware installed, you may want to obtain anti-spyware software to help you delete Linkbucks.com. Those programs are designed to remove Linkbucks.com and similar, so it will have no problems. You can also perform manual Linkbucks.com removal but you would need to find the adware yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Linkbucks.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Linkbucks.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Linkbucks.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Linkbucks.com and related programs.
Remove Linkbucks.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Linkbucks.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Linkbucks.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Linkbucks.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Linkbucks.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Linkbucks.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Linkbucks.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Linkbucks.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Linkbucks.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Linkbucks.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.