What is Linkzb.net?
Linkzb.net is a browser hijacker that can alter your browser preferences without your notice changing your home page and default search provider. The main purpose of the hijacker is to boost online traffic. That is how its developers earn revenue. The hijacker uses various tactics in order to promote its sponsors. You will notice that it inserts ads into your browsers, causes redirects to unknown domains, and more.
The hijacker affects all popular web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and others. You will not be able to avoid its effects, once it accesses your system. We advise that you do not waste any time and delete Linkzb.net without hesitation.
How does Linkzb.net work?
Linkzb.net works in a similar manner to other browser hijackers. It alters your settings including your home page and search engine right after it gets installed. The website that now appears on your screen each time you open your browser contains lots of quick access links that are divided into such categories as Video, Movie, Game, News, TV, Sport, Images, Music, Fun, Travel, and so on. It also has two adverts and a search box. We do not recommend interacting with the website, because it may lead you to unreliable pages. The same goes for the search engine, which reroutes you to Google.com. Although results presented by Google can be trusted, the hijacker may add its own links to them. You should go back to your original browser preferences. In order to do that you will have to terminate Linkzb.net.
As it has already been mentioned, the hijacker uses different tricks to generate web traffic. It can insert ads into all pages that you open. It does not matter if the site has nothing to do with online shopping, it will still contain the advertisements. Some of the commercial data may be unreliable. The hijacker holds no responsibility for it, so you click on it at your own risk. This is not a risk that you should take. If you do not want to accidentally infect your system with malware or suffer from some other scam, you should get rid of Linkzb.net as soon as possible.
How to remove Linkzb.net?
The first thing you need to do if you want to erase Linkzb.net from your browsers is decide which removal option you are going to choose. You can delete the hijacker manually or automatically. If you think you may have other unwanted apps on your PC, you should go with automatic Linkzb.net removal option. Download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your system. Once it detects all potential threats, you will be able to use it to eliminate Linkzb.net along with them. The security utility will also provide your computer with real-time online protection. Alternative solution is to remove Linkzb.net manually by uninstalling its related software and resetting your browsers. Instructions below can help you with that.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove linkzb.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall linkzb.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like linkzb.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall linkzb.net and related programs.
Remove linkzb.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall linkzb.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete linkzb.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove linkzb.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for linkzb.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete linkzb.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase linkzb.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove linkzb.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall linkzb.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable linkzb.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- LINKZEB NET
- linkzb remove
- how to disable linkzb from mozilla firefox
- linkzb net remove
- remove linkzb in folder
- remove linkzb net
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.