Livesmartsearch.com Removal Guide
Livesmartsearch.com is a useless browser hijacker that should be eliminated as soon as possible. It has been developed for malicious reasons, and that is collecting money from commercial advertisements. You should not trust it. Instead, uninstall livesmartsearch.com and switch to your usual search engine. There are a bunch of reason for doing so: the hijacker does a lot of harm to its users. First of all, it implements some modifications to your usual browser.
As you open it, you can immediately notice that livesmartsearch.com has replaced your default search engine, new tab, and home page. Browser hijackers will never ask for your permission, and this one is no better. It can be compatible with the majority of browsers, and it is prone to infecting the most widely used ones. Your Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari should be equally affected by this threat. But not everything is lost: you can simply delete livesmartsearch.com with our help.
Why is livesmartsearch.com considered to be dangerous?
How did my PC get infected with livesmartsearch.com?
This PUP and other similar applications get into users’ PCs in freeware and shareware bundles. If you have this browser hijacker, you may have probably downloaded some free programs from torrent or similar webpages. Do you like skipping through the installation process? If so, there is no doubt that this is the reason why you have this potentially unwanted program on you personal computer. Our security team suggest not using unofficial websites for downloads because of these dangers.
How to remove livesmartsearch.com from my PC?
There are two ways to remove livesmartsearch.com from your personal computer. If you want to uninstall it manually, you can do this by resetting your browser settings and, if necessary, delete Livesmartsearch.com via Control Panel. However, we recommend you to do this automatically, that is, using an anti-spyware and anti-malware program. This option is better because in this case you can be sure that livesmartsearch.com removal has been fully completed and that other types of malware are also eliminated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Livesmartsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Livesmartsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Livesmartsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Livesmartsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Livesmartsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Livesmartsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Livesmartsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Livesmartsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Livesmartsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Livesmartsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Livesmartsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Livesmartsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Livesmartsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Livesmartsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.