How to remove iLivid.com virus (Uninstall iLivid.com virus)
iLivid.com is a potentially unsafe website that promotes a program called iLivid Free Download Manager. This application is advertised as a tool that can improve your downloading experience with faster downloading and immediate viewing features. Unfortunately, the software is not as beneficial as it claim to be. It is classified as a potentially unwanted program and although it has an official page, it usually enters computer systems through freeware bundles.
The application is often accompanied by Search-Results Toolbar, which also falls into the category of potentially unwanted apps and even has browser hijacking capabilities. We suggest that you terminate iLivid.com virus along with its related programs as soon as you can.
iLivid.com software cannot be trusted. Although it is not malicious, there are plenty of issues that come with it. First of all, it is rather likely that the program has entered your computer without your notice. Despite it having an official page, it also uses a questionable distribution method called bundling. When you install other freeware, you may be offered to add iLivid products to your PC as well. In most cases, users do this unwittingly, because they skip through the setup. You should not do that again. Make sure that you always decline optional offers and thus prevent potentially unwanted apps from entering your system.
The symptoms of the iLivid.com virus are the following: browser settings modifications (including your home page and default search provider), redirects to its associated sites, various adverts appearing in your browsers, and more. What is important for you to know is that the advertisements shown to you are not endorsed by iLivid and you click on them at your own risk. It would be best to avoid them, because you cannot be sure that they are reliable. If you do not wish to land on a malicious site and infect your computer even further, you should stay away from all ads until you delete iLivid.com virus for good.
How to remove iLivid.com virus?
You should not delay iLivid.com virus removal any longer. The unwanted program can be terminated manually via Control Panel or you can implement a malware removal application and remove iLivid.com virus automatically. If you choose the second option, which is more reliable, you can use the anti-malware tool presented on our page. The utility will scan your PC and detect all suspicious files and programs. It will eliminate iLivid.com virus along with other threats. Moreover, the security software will protect your computer from various online infections in the future. If, however, you decide to delete iLivid.com virus manually, you can use the instructions below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove lp.ilivid.com virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall lp.ilivid.com virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like lp.ilivid.com virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall lp.ilivid.com virus and related programs.
Remove lp.ilivid.com virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall lp.ilivid.com virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete lp.ilivid.com virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove lp.ilivid.com virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for lp.ilivid.com virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete lp.ilivid.com virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase lp.ilivid.com virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove lp.ilivid.com virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall lp.ilivid.com virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable lp.ilivid.com virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.