Luckysearches.com Removal Guide (Delete Luckysearches.com)
Luckysearches.com is just another browser hijacker that is annoying and useless. It is designed to change the browser settings of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. If you got this suspicious infection, you can be sure that your default search provider, homepage, and new tab have been changed to luckysearches.com without your permission.
As you can see, there are no reasons of keeping this PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) on your PC: any application that enters your system without your consent is not trustworthy and should be eliminated immediately. The hijacker comes from the same family as iStartsurf, V9, SweetPage, and other browser hijackers, which proves its uselessness. However, the search engine tries its best to seem useful at first. It promises to display the best results from Google, Bing, and Yahoo for better browsing experience. It is better to remove luckysearches.com and use a legitimate search engine.
Why is luckysearches.com dangerous to my PC?
Our security experts are against the usage of browser hijackers as your default search provider. First of all, the results the hijacker displays are not reliable in the slightest. If you try searching for legitimate results, you may get disappointed: they will be full of sponsored links that are almost identical to the links to safe pages. It is not safe going to those pages because of security issues – the websites might be corrupted. This means that you might get infected with malware. What is more, the browser hijacker will display tons of third-party ads wherever you go. Every page you visit will be crammed with pop-ups, banners, coupons, etc. They may redirect you to unsafe sites. Lastly, the search engine is known to collect non-personally identifiable information like search queries, browsing history, or IP addresses. We don’t trust the browser hijacker because it is unclear whom it shares the info with. Uninstall luckysearches.com to avoid any further problems.
How did my computer get infected with luckysearches.com?
It is likely that the PUP travels across the Web in bundles. In other words, it simply bundles with other software, for example, media players and various installers. This means that if you like installing free software, it is possible that your PC is full of malware. During the installation of any software, read all the information provided to you attentively and opt for Advanced or Custom modes. Of course, it is better to avoid suspicious sites completely.
How to remove luckysearches.com from my PC?
It is possible to delete luckysearches.com and other potentially unwanted programs manually. Unfortunately, this hijacker is known for bringing other malware along. In this case, it is better to scan you computer with a reliable spyware removal tool to find and delete all the malicious programs and files from your PC. This means that automatic luckysearches.com removal is the recommended option.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Luckysearches.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Luckysearches.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Luckysearches.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Luckysearches.com and related programs.
Remove Luckysearches.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Luckysearches.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Luckysearches.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Luckysearches.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Luckysearches.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Luckysearches.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Luckysearches.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Luckysearches.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Luckysearches.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Luckysearches.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.