About MafiaWare Ransomware
MafiaWare Ransomware is a file-encrypting ransomware. It infects computers using the usual distribution methods, spam emails and exploit kits. If you infect your computer, MafiaWare Ransomware will use a complex algorithm to encrypt your files and you will not be able to access them. You will be asked to pay a ransom and supposedly, your files would be decrypted. This is rarely the case as cyber criminals usually just take your money and leave your files as they are, encrypted.
Fortunately, you can decrypt your file using a free decryptor developed by malware researchers. Remove MafiaWare Ransomware and you can then restore your files. Bear in mind, it is essential that you firstly delete MafiaWare Ransomware and only then attempt to restore your files, whether it’s from backup or using the free decryptor.
What does MafiaWare Ransomware do?
Spam email remains the most common spread method when it comes to ransomware. All the cyber criminals need to do is attach an infected file to an email and send it to victims. If you were to open the attachment, your computer would become infected. This is why it is essential that you do not go around opening every single email attachment you get. Always double check the contents and the sender before you open the file. If you get an invoice, recall if you have recently bought something. Did the sender use your real name, or just Dear Customer or similar. If you had bought something from somewhere, you would have provided a name and that name would be inserted into the email automatically. If your name does not appear or if your email is used instead, there’s high chance it is not real. You should also make sure all your software is up to date so that ransomware would not be able to take advantages of vulnerabilities on your computer to enter.
As soon as MafiaWare Ransomware is on your computer, it will use the RSA-2048 encryption algorithm to make your files unreadable. All affected files will have the .MafiaWare extension so you will know which files have been encrypted. You will then notice the ransom note with the name HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt. It will explain what happened and how to restore files. You are asked to pay, which is the last thing you should do. Like we mentioned before, a decryptor has been developed and you can restore your files using it. You can also get your files back from backup. If you did not have it, you are lucky there is a decryptor. Hopefully, this will be a lesson for you and if this were to happen again, you would have backup. Do not forget that you must remove MafiaWare Ransomware before file decryption.
MafiaWare Ransomware removal
Manual MafiaWare Ransomware removal is quite difficult and we cannot recommend it because you might damage your computer. Instead, you should use anti-malware software to delete MafiaWare Ransomware. After you erase MafiaWare Ransomware, you can restore your files.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MafiaWareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MafiaWare. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MafiaWare and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete MafiaWare using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove MafiaWare from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove MafiaWare
Remove MafiaWare from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete MafiaWare
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete MafiaWare from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete MafiaWare from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.