What is Mapseasy.net?
Mapseasy.net is a browser hijacker that is advertised as a useful application that gives access to various maps. These kinds of unwanted programs spread via software bundles and what that means is they are attached to free software as additional items that you can choose to install. Unfortunately, they are attached in a way that allows them to install automatically, and if you want to stop them, you must manually deselect them.
Browser hijackers are not very dangerous and are generally considered to be rather low-level threats. However, if you allow a hijacker to install onto your computer, it will make changes to your browser and possibly try to redirect you to sponsored websites. Redirecting you is how the hijacker makes money. These redirects are certainly annoying but they can also be dangerous. You click on a link leading to a malicious page and this could end in a serious malware infection making home on your computer. You need to remove Mapseasy.net to prevent this from happening.
Should you uninstall Mapseasy.net?
Before you go any further, you need to learn how to properly install free software. You should always use Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware because only there will you be able to see what has been added to it. If there is something, make sure that you uncheck the boxes of those items. We recommend you always use those settings because otherwise you could end up with all kinds of unwanted items and not all of them will be as harmless as Mapseasy.net. If you do not want to be stuck with Mapseasy.net removal again, pay attention to what you install onto your computer. It could also be obtained from the official website but we doubt many users willingly obtained it.
The hijacker will set a different homepage and new tabs. This means that you will be redirected to a different website every time you open your browser. These changes will happen on all leading browsers installed on your computer, and that includes Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You might also be unable to change the settings back to what they were and if this happens, you would need to first delete Mapseasy.net and only then change settings. Mapseasy.net is advertised as an application that will help you gain access to various maps but it will also provide you with a search engine. We do not think engaging with the hijacker in any way is a good idea. If you use the search engine, you might be redirected to all kinds of websites just so that Mapseasy.net could generate income. What you should be worried about is being led to dangerous sites where malware could be hiding. If you want to prevent this unpleasant scenario, you will have to remove Mapseasy.net.
To uninstall Mapseasy.net fully, you should acquire professional removal software. The program will locate and make sure to delete Mapseasy.net fully. If you choose to erase Mapseasy.net manually, you have will have to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Mapseasy.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mapseasy.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Mapseasy.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mapseasy.net and related programs.
Remove Mapseasy.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mapseasy.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mapseasy.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mapseasy.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mapseasy.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mapseasy.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mapseasy.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mapseasy.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mapseasy.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mapseasy.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.