What is Masksearch.com?
Masksearch.com is an unreliable website, so if you get rerouted to it in the middle of your browsing, it means that you have adware on your PC. Along with adware come various annoying symptoms like fake ads, slow Internet connection, sponsored search results, and so on. The purpose of the ad-supported application is to generate web traffic. By doing so, it earns money for its developers. If you wish to eliminate Masksearch.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall the program that is causing redirects to this unsafe domain.
How does Masksearch.com work?
Advertising-supported software usually travels bundled with freeware and shareware. It is often the case that users allow additional programs to get installed on their computers without even realizing it. That is why it is so important that you always pay attention to every step of the installation wizard of the free third party software that you download online. Make sure that you decline all optional offers no matter what they claim to be.
Potentially unwanted apps may not be that easy to detect right away. They usually affect your computer’s speed and insert advertisements into your browsers. Because users see ads while surfing the Web anyway, they may not notice the difference. However, the amount of ads will increase considerably over time to the point where it will be impossible to ignore them. You will also notice random redirects to various unfamiliar pages including Masksearch.com. This site cannot be trusted as it may expose you to different scams. You could be urged to download supposedly useful tools, waste money on non-existent products, and so on. We advise against following any of the instructions that you see on the suspicious domain. You should get rid of Masksearch.com and other unreliable adverts by deleting their related app without hesitation.
How to remove Masksearch.com?
You can terminate Masksearch.com related adware manually or automatically. If you do not know which app is responsible for the advertising content, you are welcome to use the free scanner from our site. It will detect all unwanted components. You can then decide whether you want to erase Masksearch.com yourself or use the security utility and clean your system completely. If you choose manual Masksearch.com removal option, you can follow the instructions presented below the article. If, on the other hand, you opt for the more reliable solution, you will have to implement the full version of the anti-malware, which will not only delete Masksearch.com and other potential threats, but also stay useful to you in the future by protecting your computer from various online parasites.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Masksearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Masksearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Masksearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Masksearch.com and related programs.
Remove Masksearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Masksearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Masksearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Masksearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Masksearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Masksearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Masksearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Masksearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Masksearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Masksearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.