What is Monsear.xyz?
Monsear.xyz, also known as Start4u, may be referred to as a virus, but it is actually a browser hijacker. It usually enters computers together with its related application through free software bundles. Once inside, it alters your web browser settings. Since the hijacker is compatible with all major browsers, it will affect all browsers that you have got installed. In addition to altering their settings, the hijacker will also cause other troubles. If you want to go back to swift and uninterrupted online surfing, you will have to delete Monsear.xyz.
How does Monsear.xyz work?
Like most other potentially unwanted programs, Monsear.xyz uses the bundling distribution method. The reason the hijacker uses the bundling method to spread online is because it attempts to get installed without the user’s notice. When users install freeware, they rarely pay attention to installation wizard. They skip through it without even realizing that they have just agreed to all additional offers presented in it. Of course, this can be avoided. All you need to do is select the Advanced installation mode and decline all offers of unfamiliar apps that are presented to you.
The main change that you will notice after the hijacker gets installed is that it replaces your home page and default search provider with Monsear.xyz. The page has a search box, the logo of Start4u, and links to popular websites. It may also present you with an added layer of ads. In fact, various advertisements will show up on other websites as well. The hijacker is responsible for these ads, however, it does not endorse them. You click on the ads at your own risk and if you do not wish to expose yourself to various virtual scams, it would be best to stay away from the advertisements. To eliminate them completely, you will have to get rid of Monsear.xyz for good.
How to remove Monsear.xyz?
There are two options to choose from when it comes to Monsear.xyz removal. You can delete the hijacker manually or automatically. We advise that you go with automatic removal option, because it allows you to make sure that you not only erase Monsear.xyz, but also remove other threats from your system. Moreover, if you use the anti-malware from our website, it will also provide your PC with real-time online protection, which means that it will keep your computer safeguarded. Alternatively, you can delete Monsear.xyz yourself. Manual removal instructions that explain how to uninstall the hijacker’s related app and remove Monsear.xyz from your browsers are presented right below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Monsear.xyzUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Monsear.xyz. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Monsear.xyz and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Monsear.xyz and related programs.
Remove Monsear.xyz from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Monsear.xyz from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Monsear.xyz from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Monsear.xyz from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Monsear.xyz or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Monsear.xyz from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Monsear.xyz from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Monsear.xyz from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Monsear.xyz from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Monsear.xyz and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.