What is Mooonly.com?
Mooonly.com is an undesirable search engine which is often called a browser hijacker by malware experts. It is often put into this category because a) it hijackers all the browsers it finds installed on the system, and b) it applies changes without permission. You need to remove Mooonly.com browser hijacker as soon as possible because this search engine might cause harm to your computer even though it looks quite trustworthy. Unfortunately, it will be extremely hard to implement the Mooonly.com removal because this search engine is not simple, and you will not find its uninstaller in Control Panel. Do not worry; it will be hundred times easier for you to uninstall Mooonly.com from browsers after you read our report on this threat.
How does Mooonly.com act?
Mooonly.com is bundled with free software users download from the Internet. Even though you will not know that this infection has slithered onto your computer, you will quickly notice that your homepage and search engine is set to Mooonly.com. It does not seem to be a bad search provider at first glance; however, we know that it will show advertisements for you apart from changing the settings of your browsers without permission. These advertisements might cause redirections to other sites that might contain malicious software. Thus, the possibility to infect the system with malware by keeping Mooonly.com is quite high. If you refuse to remove Mooonly.com from browsers, you should also know that you risk revealing personal data to the developers of Mooonly.com and then to cyber criminals.
How did Mooonly.com browser hijacker enter my computer?
Mooonly.com is usually spread in bundles with freeware and shareware, so many users do not even know when and how this browser hijacker entered their systems. Specialists say that, in most cases, such browser hijackers appear on those computers whose owners tend to download free applications from various sites, including suspicious third-party websites like softonic.com and various torrents. If you recognize yourself, it is not surprising for us at all that you have Mooonly.com on your browsers. If you are careless in the future too, you might infect your computer with malware once again because adware, potentially unwanted programs, browser hijackers, and much more serious threats can enter systems in software bundles too. Users who really doubt that they can protect their systems should install security software on the system. Do not forget to upgrade that tool from time to time and scan the system with it.
How can I delete Mooonly.com?
It is possible to delete Mooonly.com manually quite easily. All you need to do is to reset your browsers. Unfortunately, there are several versions of this browser hijacker, so, in some cases, Mooonly.com might not disappear from browsers after the reset. In such a case, we suggest that you implement the automatic Mooonly.com removal. All you need to do is to scan the system with an antimalware scanner. It will erase all the existing infections from your system very quickly, and you could set a more trustworthy search engine.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Mooonly.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mooonly.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Mooonly.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mooonly.com and related programs.
Remove Mooonly.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mooonly.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mooonly.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mooonly.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mooonly.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mooonly.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mooonly.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mooonly.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mooonly.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mooonly.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.