What is Motious.com?
Motious.com is a browser hijacker that promotes a rather dubious search engine. Browser hijackers are mild computer infections that can’t really harm computers by themselves. The reason they even exist is to generate pay-per-click income for sponsored pages. And they can do that by redirecting you to those pages. So if Motious.com is on your computer, you might experience irritating redirects. These low-level infections can get into your computer only with your permission. However, you might not always be aware you are giving it. Motious.com was attached to free software so when you installed it, you installed Motious.com along side it. There is little to worry about if you delete Motious.com right away. If you delay the Motious.com removal process, however, you might end up with a serious malware infection as browser hijackers can lead to malware-ridden pages.
How did Motious.com infect my computer?
It must have been attached to free software as an additional item and you accidentally installed it. It is not an uncommon occurrence as the user needs to be aware of the added items in order to prevent them from installing. If you download software from a non-completely official source, always choose Advanced settings when installing it. The bundled items will become visible and you will be given the option of deselecting them. Had you done this the last time you installed freeware, you would not need to remove Motious.com right now. Do not choose Default and rush through the installation process.
Why uninstall Motious.com?
When you open your browser, you will see that Motious.com has been set as your homepage and new tabs. And this hijacker most likely affects all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. When you try to undo the unwanted changes, you will encounter a problem. You cannot reset your homepage without first having to delete Motious.com. The website itself is rather suspicious, it’s full of advertisement content and has a small search box in the middle of the screen. If you try to search for something, you will be given results via Google Custom Search. You will be presented with various sponsored websites that might have little to do with what you are searching for. This is done so that you are led to those websites and Motious.com can generate income. The worrying thing about hijackers is that they do not filter through the websites you are directed to, so you could end up some malware-infected one. We strongly suggest you uninstall Motious.com in order to protect your computer.
If you choose to remove Motious.com, you have two options. You can employ a legitimate removal tool and erase Motious.com automatically. Or you can try to eliminate Motious.com by hand but that means you will have to locate it yourself, and that could be tricky.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Motious.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Motious.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Motious.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Motious.com and related programs.
Remove Motious.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Motious.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Motious.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Motious.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Motious.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Motious.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Motious.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Motious.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Motious.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Motious.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.