Moxigo.com is a browser hijacker, also known as a redirect virus, and a low-level computer infection. If you find that every time you open your browser, a strange websites loads, you can be sure that a hijacker has made a home in your computer. It is not a dangerous infection and can be dealt with rather easily. Hijackers aim to redirect users to sponsored websites so that they could make income.
The redirects can be highly irritating but they could also be harmful to your computer. If you are led to a malicious site, the malware lurking on it could download onto your computer without you even noticing. And that is why you should delete Moxigo.com straight away. And if you’re wondering how it managed to infiltrate your computer, it was attached to free software as an additional item that you did not notice.
Why uninstall Moxigo.com?
First of all, it is important to know how these kinds of infections appear on your system in the first place. Browser hijackers, adware and other kinds of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are usually attached to free software as extra offers. They are optional but need to be manually deselected to prevent their installation. To do this, all you need to do is choose Advanced or Custom settings when installed freeware and deselect all additional offers. They will only appear in those settings, so refrain from using Default. Unless you want to end up having to remove Moxigo.com or similar over and over again, always pay attention to what you install and how you do it.
The main sign of an infection, and the reason why you are probably reading this, is the change of your browser’s homepage. Most likely, all leading browsers can be affected, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once Moxigo.com is set as your homepage and new tabs, trying to change the settings would be useless. You would first need to delete Moxigo.com to be able to modify them. Your new homepage looks rather normal but those familiar with hijackers will know immediately what is going on. There will be links to popular websites, such as YouTube, Facebook, Gmail, etc., provided. Additionally, there will be a search box present as well. If you were to type in a search, you would be taken to a dubious search engine where you could encounter sponsored content. The worrying thing about those redirects is that they could lead users to malicious content and they could end up with malware on their computers. Uninstall Moxigo.com.
You have two options when it comes to Moxigo.com removal. We recommend you use professional removal software to delete Moxigo.com because the program would do everything. If you try to erase Moxigo.com manually, you will have to locate where the hijacker is hiding yourself. Nevertheless, instructions to help you will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Moxigo.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Moxigo.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Moxigo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Moxigo.com and related programs.
Remove Moxigo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Moxigo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Moxigo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Moxigo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Moxigo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Moxigo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Moxigo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Moxigo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Moxigo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Moxigo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.