What is MusixMuze Search?
MusixMuze Search is promoted as a browser extension that can provide you with a better search experience, when it comes to looking for information about songs, artists, music videos, albums, and more. Although the application is promoted in Chrome Web Store, we would hardly call it reliable or useful. It changes your browser settings including your home page, new tab, and default search provider. This way it can promote its sponsors and thus make profit for its developers. If you do not want to waste your time using this search engine any longer, you should get rid of MusixMuze Search right away.
How does MusixMuze Search work?
MusixMuze Search can be downloaded from Chrome Web Store and it also has an official website, Goamuze.com. That, however, does not stop it from getting distributed in free software bundles and entering computers without the users’ notice. When you install free software, you need to make sure that you choose the Advanced mode. If you fail to do so, you agree to installing all additional apps that are offered to you. These apps are usually ad-supported. We advise that you avoid them moving on.
Once in the system, MusixMuze Search alters your web browser settings. It replaces your home page, new tab, and default search provider. Every time you search the Web, it will reroute you to Musixmuze.searchalgo.com, Search.yahoo.com, or some other website. You will be presented with results that will include sponsored links. You may also notice advertising data on other pages that you visit. We urge you to be careful with these ads, because they may be unreliable. The ads can expose you to unsafe websites, interacting with which could lead to malware infections or other unwanted consequences. The adverts also slow down your browsing speed. We advise that you eliminate MusixMuze Search from your browsers and go back to your original preferences.
How to remove MusixMuze Search?
In order to erase MusixMuze Search, you will have to choose between manual and automatic removal options. If you decide to delete MusixMuze Search manually, you will have to uninstall the unwanted program from your PC and fix your browser settings. In case you need more detailed instructions on how to do that, you can use the manual MusixMuze Search removal guide presented below the article. If, however, you choose to go with a more reliable solution instead, you will have to implement an anti-malware tool. It will scan your computer, detect all of its issues, and terminate MusixMuze Search along with them. More than that, the security utility will continue to stay useful in the future as it also functions as a malware prevention measure.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MusixMuze SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MusixMuze Search. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like MusixMuze Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall MusixMuze Search and related programs.
Remove MusixMuze Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MusixMuze Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MusixMuze Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MusixMuze Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MusixMuze Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MusixMuze Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MusixMuze Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MusixMuze Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MusixMuze Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MusixMuze Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.