What is My.yoursearch.me?
My.yoursearch.me is an Internet search engine that should generate better search results if compared to those displayed by other existing search providers. Unfortunately, it quickly turns out that it is not true at all. My.yoursearch.me is not as legitimate and useful as it might seem to be. Instead of being a reputable search provider, it is nothing more than a browser hijacker which has been developed to make money for its developer. It does that by displaying the commercial content for users. Of course, it is first set up on all browsers as a default search engine and homepage. If you have already discovered the changes, you should immediately go to implement the My.yoursearch.me removal because it is considered an unreliable search provider because of the ads it displays for users. Read the rest of the article for more information. We are 99% sure that you will no longer want to keep My.yoursearch.me set after finding out what it is capable of.
How does My.yoursearch.me work?
First of all, after the entrance on the system, My.yoursearch.me is set on all browsers that are installed on the computer. Then, if users use My.yoursearch.me as a search tool for searching the information online, it starts generating ads for users and displaying them in the place of decent search results. The developer of My.yoursearch.me gets money for every user’s click on advertisements, which is why they are usually placed before the remaining search results. Specialists have a negative opinion about these ads. Even though they take a harmless-looking form, they might be connected with dangerous third-party websites. Users are taken straight to these websites after clicking on ads they see, so, according to malware experts, they might one day be taken to pages administered by cyber criminals. Such websites might promote malicious software which might enter the computer the second such a website is visited. As can be seen, there are several reasons users should go to uninstall My.yoursearch.me from their PCs as soon as possible. Go to implement the My.yoursearch.me removal until it is not too late.
Why My.yoursearch.me has been set on my browsers?
To promote the browser hijacker My.yoursearch.me, a method called bundling is used. It is so popular because cyber criminals know that people often rush to install new software and skip the installation steps. Since My.yoursearch.me is presented as an optional offer, they allow it to enter their computers too. Of course, users say that they do not know about that and we believe them.
How can I delete My.yoursearch.me from my web browsers?
The deletion of My.yoursearch.me is a must even though it is not so easy process. What users need to do is to delete My.yoursearch.me and then set another website in its place. Unfortunately, not all the users manage to remove My.yoursearch.me manually. In this case, the only way to remove My.yoursearch.me is to use a legitimate anti-malware/anti-spyware scanner. A reliable malware remover will delete My.yoursearch.me fully and will erase together with it all other active threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove My.yoursearch.meUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall My.yoursearch.me. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like My.yoursearch.me and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall My.yoursearch.me and related programs.
Remove My.yoursearch.me from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall My.yoursearch.me from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete My.yoursearch.me from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove My.yoursearch.me from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for My.yoursearch.me or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete My.yoursearch.me from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase My.yoursearch.me from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove My.yoursearch.me from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall My.yoursearch.me from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable My.yoursearch.me and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.