Mysafenewpage.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Mysafenewpage.com)
Mysafenewpage.com is a browser hijacker that is promoted as a tool that allows you to scan files and links for safety and provide you with “enhanced search and useful links”. These features may be beneficial, but they are not worth dealing with the disruptions caused by the hijacker.
It will not only alter your browser settings, but also cause such issues as flooding you with ads, rerouting you to unsafe sites, causing Internet slow downs, and so on. If you wish to eliminate these symptoms, you will have to remove Mysafenewpage.com.
How does Mysafenewpage.com work?
The hijacker is promoted on Mysafenewpage.com, where you can download it. The extension is available in Chrome Web Store as well. You should keep in mind, however, that it also uses the bundling distribution method. Most Imali Media apps are distributed in this way, because they are not especially useful. During freeware installation, you are offered to install additional programs. If you fail to notice and decline these offers, you agree to all of them automatically. That is not something we would advise. The additional apps are potentially unwanted and usually ad-supported. They should be avoided. You can do that by installing freeware in the Advanced mode and declining all optional offers presented in the wizard.
Once My Safe New Page extension gets access to your system, it replaces your new tab, home page, and default search provider with Search.mysafenewpage.com. The webpage contains a search box and such quick access buttons as Scan PC, Test Internet Speed, Scan Link, and Scan File. You should know that the Scan PC button reroutes you to a suspicious website labeled by security tools as having potentially dangerous content. You cannot trust a page that contains such links. We advise that you eliminate Mysafenewpage.com from your browsers, and thus return to your original settings and get rid of other unfavorable symptoms including adverts, redirects, slow downs, tracking cookies, and more.
How to remove Mysafenewpage.com?
In order to delete Mysafenewpage.com from your browsers, you will have to choose between manual and automatic removal options. If you choose to delete Mysafenewpage.com manually, you will have to uninstall My Safe New Page from your PC and your browser extensions. You will also need to restore your browser preferences. In case you need more detailed instructions, you are welcome to use the manual Mysafenewpage.com removal guide presented below the article. Alternatively, you can download and implement the anti-malware from our site. It will terminate Mysafenewpage.com along with other threats and provide your computer with real-time online protection as long as you keep it installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Mysafenewpage.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mysafenewpage.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Mysafenewpage.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mysafenewpage.com and related programs.
Remove Mysafenewpage.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mysafenewpage.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mysafenewpage.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mysafenewpage.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mysafenewpage.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mysafenewpage.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mysafenewpage.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mysafenewpage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mysafenewpage.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mysafenewpage.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.