Mysearch-engine.net Removal Tips
Mysearch-engine.net, also known as Search.mysearch-engine.net, is a browser hijacker that may replace your home page and default search provider without your consent. The hijacker usually enters your PC with a potentially unwanted application called VideoPlayerClassic. However, it may also take over your browsers after you install some other unreliable software.
The hijacker belongs to IMALI – N.I. Media LTD, which may also be referred to as StartGlobe LLC. This company is infamous for creating similar hijackers such as Emaildefendsearch.com, Realcoolmoviessearch.com, Searchinsocial.com, and others. Since there is nothing useful about browser hijackers, we suggest that you terminate Mysearch-engine.net without delay.
Mysearch-engine.net travels in freeware and shareware bundles. As it has already been mentioned, it enters computers together with potentially unwanted applications. It may come bundled with VideoPlayerClassic, however, the hijacker has also been linked to Messenger Plus Toolbar, NewTab TV Plus, WinFix Pro, and other suspicious applications. You may have one or more of them on your computer. Keep in mind that in order to uninstall Mysearch-engine.net, you will also have to uninstall its associated program(s).
The main symptom of the browser hijacker is the settings modifications, namely that it switches your home page and default search provider to Mysearch-engine.net. The website itself looks more or less like any other search site. It contains a search box and various quick access links labeled “Todays Most Searched”. The search box provided on the page does not provide relevant results. In addition to these changes, you will also notice that the hijacker adds commercials into all of your visited sites and redirects you to its sponsor pages. You should not trust the presented advertising data, because it may be unreliable. The hijacker does not hold any responsibility for it. If you do not wish to risk your computer’s safety, you should stay away from all ads and links until you delete Mysearch-engine.net from your browsers.
How to remove Mysearch-engine.net?
In order to eliminate Mysearch-engine.net for good, you need to uninstall the application with which the hijacker has arrived. Only after you do that, you will be able to restore your browser settings without any issues. These tasks can be completed manually or automatically. Manual Mysearch-engine.net removal instructions are presented below and you are welcome to use them should you choose to go with this option. If, on the other hand. you want to go with a more reliable solution and delete Mysearch-engine.net automatically, you can implement the anti-malware tool presented on our page. It will scan your PC, detect all unwanted programs and remove Mysearch-engine.net along with them. You will not have to worry about similar issues again as the utility will protect your system from various online threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Mysearch-engine.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mysearch-engine.net. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Mysearch-engine.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mysearch-engine.net and related programs.
Remove Mysearch-engine.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mysearch-engine.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mysearch-engine.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mysearch-engine.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mysearch-engine.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mysearch-engine.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mysearch-engine.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mysearch-engine.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mysearch-engine.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mysearch-engine.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.