What is MySearch123.com?
MySearch123.com is a dangerous browser hijacker that pretends to be a trustworthy search engine. It presents users with multiple quick access buttons to popular websites (eBay, YouTube, Facebook, etc.) and provides Videos, News, Images, and Games search sections. However, we must warn you that it is completely unreliable. Once the application enters your computer, it will take over your home page and default search engine in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Furthermore, it may install QuickStart, IETabPage Class, and FastStart extensions and modify your Target lines. The only way to recover your previous settings and to get rid of the suspicious add-ons is to delete MySearch123.com from your computer.
What does MySearch123.com do?
Browser hijackers travels with various freeware that users acquire from the suspicious sources. If you are used to downloading free programs from such pages like soft32.com or download.com, you should be especially careful during the installation process. Always pick Advanced or Custom option instead of Quick or Typical. The former two options will allow you to monitor every step of the installation wizard and to deselct all the undesirable software. Do not let suspicious applications slither into your PC.
As we said, the intruder will change your home page and default search tool. Browser hijackers are developed in order to increase traffic to the promoted pages. This means that the application will scatter sponsored links in between the search results. The promoted third parties are, unfortunately, completely unknown and thus, cannot be trusted. It its entirely possible that after picking one of the provided ads or links, you will enter a malciosu website and get infected with Trojan, virus, worm, etc. To prevent this outcome, you need to terminate MySearch123.com.
Another thing you need to be aware of is the fact that this applications invades your privacy. From the moment it enters your PC, MySearch123.com records your visited pages, clicks, the time you spend in specific pages, search queries, geographical location, and so on. The data is used to personalize the ads and is also sold to the third parties which, as we already explained in the previous paragraph, are untrustworthy. To stop this unauthorized tracking of your online activities, uninstall MySearch123.com.
How to remove MySearch123.com?
It should be clear that it is in your computer’s best interests to delete MySearch123.com a soon as possible. The hijacker brings you no benefit, however it can cause a lot of damage. We recommend to employ a reputable computer security software and let it erase MySearch123.com for you. After the MySearch123.com removal, this anti-spyware will also stay in your PC to protect it from future threats. For users who would rather eliminate MySearch123.com themselves, we prepared step-by-step instructions which you can find below. Follow them and get rid of MySearch123.com.
Modify your Target line
- Right-click the browser’s shortcut.
- Go to Properties.
- Select the Target line.
- Remove everything after the location of the program’s executable.
- Access Charm menu.
- Pick Settings.
- Tap Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall MySearch123.com.
- Click Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove programs.
- Remove MySearch123.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall MySearch123.com.
Terminate MySearch123.com from your browsers
- Tap Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
- Choose Toolbars and Extensions and delete suspicious extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and overwrite search engine.
- Save changes and leave window. Click Alt+X again.
- In the Internet Options, replace the current home page with the one you like. Press OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time to access the Add-ons Manager tab.
- In the Extensions menu, tap Remove next undesirable extensions. Leave the tab.
- Click Alt+T and open Options.
- Select General tab, overwrite the home page. Tap OK and close the menu.
- Click the icon in the Search box and go to Manage Search engines.
- Delete/change the search engine and press OK.
- Click Alt+F and move to Tools. In the Extensions, eliminate all suspicious entries.
- Go to Settings and pick Open a page or a set of pages.
- Choose Set pages, remove/change the home page and tap OK.
- Under Search, tap Manage search engines.
- Set another search engine as your default one and delete the unwanted one.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MySearch123.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MySearch123.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MySearch123.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.