How to remove MySearch123 Virus
MySearch123 Virus, also known as MySearch123.com, is a browser hijacker that can alter your browser settings without your approval. The website itself may look like any other search page, but its main aim is to generate web traffic.
The hijacker achieves this goal by rerouting you to its sponsor sites, inserting adverts into your visited pages, altering your search results and so on. It affects all popular browsers and gets distributed in freeware and shareware bundles. If this infection has entered your PC without your notice, you should eliminate MySearch123 Virus without hesitation. This article will help you with that.
How does MySearch123 Virus work?
Once the hijacker takes over, it switches your home page and default search engine to MySearch123.com. The webpage does not contain anything other than a search box and search parameters. If you enter a term into the box, you get redirected to Google.com. It is important, however, that you keep in mind that the hijacker may insert sponsored links into these results. Moreover, it will also add various commercials to other sites that you visit. You will see pop-ups, banners and hyperlinks no matter where you choose to go online. You will also get redirected to the hijacker’s associated sites. All of this unwanted activity will slow down your Internet connection. Your computer speed may be affected as well. If you want to get rid of these symptoms, you should terminate MySearch123 Virus.
Although MySearch123 Virus is not a real virus and it cannot damage your computer on its own, it can expose you to various malware sources. If you click on a fake advert provided by the hijacker or get redirected to a corrupted webpage, you will infect your system with malware. That could lead to serious consequences like data loss or even financial problems. If you want to improve your online security level, you should delete MySearch123 Virus from your browsers right away.
How to remove MySearch123 Virus?
If you wish to delete MySearch123 Virus and thus return your browsers back to normal, you will have to choose one of two options. You can uninstall MySearch123 Virus manually or automatically. The more reliable solution is automatic MySearch123 Virus removal, which can be completed by implementing the anti-malware tool presented on our page. The malware remover will not only erase MySearch123 Virus along with other potential threats that it detects, but it will also ensure your computer’s safety in the future. If, however, you decide to go with manual MySearch123 Virus removal instead, you can use the instructions presented below this paragraph.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MySearch123.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MySearch123.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MySearch123.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MySearch123.com and related programs.
Remove MySearch123.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MySearch123.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MySearch123.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MySearch123.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MySearch123.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MySearch123.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MySearch123.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MySearch123.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MySearch123.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MySearch123.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.