Mysearchengine.ru is a browser hijacker and a dubious search engine. If you notice that your browser has been hijacked and that you are constantly redirected to Mysearchengine.ru, then a browser hijacker has infected your computer. If this is your first time encountering a browser hijacker, note that it is not a malicious computer virus. It does not pose a treat to your computer directly but it can still expose you to dangerous content. It will hijack your browser, alter your browser’s settings and redirect you to questionable websites. You must have recently installed freeware and used Default settings. That is how Mysearchengine.ru got access to your computer. While Mysearchengine.ru itself is not malicious, it can redirect you to websites where you could end up with malware. Uninstall Mysearchengine.ru to return to normal browsing.
How did I get infected with Mysearchengine.ru?
Mysearchengine.ru browser hijacker is attached to freeware as an optional item. You don’t need to install it if you do not want it but you end up doing it anyway because you’re not even aware of its existence. This happens when you use Default settings when installing freeware. Default settings do not show you anything that is attached and if there is something, you automatically give it permission to install. You can prevent unwanted installations by opting for Advanced or Custom settings. In those settings, you will be able to deselect all unwanted items and not allow them to install.
Why must I remove Mysearchengine.ru?
When it infects your computer, this browser hijacker will alter certain browser’s settings and set Mysearchengine.ru as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. You might not even notice at first as it has a similar design to Google but soon you will realize that it’s nothing like the popular search engine. First of all, you should be aware that you might not be able to change the settings back unless you first delete Mysearchengine.ru from your computer. It can also affect all of the most popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. When you get redirected to Mysearchengine.ru and try to use the search engine, you will notice the huge amounts of sponsored content that Mysearchengine.ru inserts into the search results. You could be fooled into clicking on it and end up on a website that has nothing to do with what you were looking for. You might also see an increase in intrusive ads. Those ads and weird search results could lead you to a dangerous website and you could end up with malware so be cautious. Delete Mysearchengine.ru as soon as possible.
For safe and complete Mysearchengine.ru removal, you can use anti-malware software. If you do not have it, you can remove Mysearchengine.ru manually. Instructions on how to uninstall Mysearchengine.ru will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Mysearchengine.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mysearchengine.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Mysearchengine.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mysearchengine.ru and related programs.
Remove Mysearchengine.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mysearchengine.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mysearchengine.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mysearchengine.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mysearchengine.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mysearchengine.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mysearchengine.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mysearchengine.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mysearchengine.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mysearchengine.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.