About this threat
MySoundClub.com is a dubious website that will load on your browser if you have a certain browser hijacker installed on your computer. Users who have never encountered a hijacker before might be confused about the constant redirects to a strange website when launching browsers and might even believe that malware has infected their systems.
That is, fortunately, not the case. Browser hijackers are not malicious and are usually not considered to be malware. They are rather low-level infections that do not do much damage on their own. However, while the hijacker itself is not malevolent, it can lead you to malicious software. To better understand how it does that and why you ought to delete MySoundClub.com, continue reading the article. Looking into how the hijacker infected your computer is also worthwhile if you want to prevent similar infections in the future.
Why remove MySoundClub.com?
You probably are already aware of this but free software does not come alone. It usually has some kind of additional offers that are attached to it. And they are set to install alongside. So you must have installed freeware recently and did not notice the hijacker being attached. This would not be unusual since extra offers are not visible in Default settings, and most users use those during freeware installation. In order to dodge installing something you have no need of, pick Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will make all attached offers visible and you will be able to deselect everything. If you do this, you will avoid having to uninstall MySoundClub.com and similar later on.
How do hijackers spread?
This threat will work on all popular browsers, so expect its domain to load every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. There is no use in trying to recall allowing those changes because the hijacker most likely did not ask you to permit them. And you will not be able to change them unless you first delete MySoundClub.com. Your new homepage advertises a search engine which is supposedly “the most powerful Media Search Engine on the Internet”. Even though it claims that, it actually does not work. If you try to search for something, nothing will happen, which makes it pretty useless. Even if it did generate results, they would most likely not be trustworthy. Hijackers tend to insert sponsored content into the results so that they could lead users to sponsored websites. This generates traffic and in turn, money. Some results could even lead users to malicious sites where malware could be lurking. There is no reason why you should put up with this. Remove MySoundClub.com.
You have two options when it comes to MySoundClub.com removal. If you choose to get rid of it manually, you will have locate the hijacker yourself and that may cause problems because it could be hidden. This is why we would recommend you uninstall MySoundClub.com automatically. The program would do everything for you and you would be sure it’s gone completely.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MySoundClub.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MySoundClub.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MySoundClub.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MySoundClub.com and related programs.
Remove MySoundClub.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MySoundClub.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MySoundClub.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MySoundClub.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MySoundClub.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MySoundClub.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MySoundClub.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MySoundClub.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MySoundClub.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MySoundClub.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.