Mywebsearch.com.au Removal Guide (Delete Mywebsearch.com.au)
Mywebsearch.com.au is a browser hijacker that can replace your home page, new tab and default search provider. This infection is not malicious, however, it causes lots of unwanted disruptions. The main purpose of the hijacker is to promote its sponsor pages, which is why it modifies your settings and causes other changes to your browsers.
It is similar to such hijackers as Resultsforquery.com, Ourwebsearch.com, Mysearchmarket.com, Hotsearchresults.com, and more. You most likely acquired it by accident while installing a freeware application. There is nothing useful about the so-called search tool. We suggest that you terminate Mywebsearch.com.au and go back to normal online surfing.
How does Mywebsearch.com.au work?
The most obvious change that you will notice after the hijacker takes over your browsers is that your home page and default search engine have been replaced by Mywebsearch.com.au. This site looks like most search services. It is powered by Excite Digital Media and is promoted as “Australia’s largest search engine by share outside of the major providers”. The page contains a search box that may show you results containing sponsored links along with relevant references.
As it has already been mentioned, Mywebsearch.com.au spreads through freeware bundles and gets installed onto your PC together with a potentially unwanted program. It also adds an extension to your browsers. It does not matter which web browsers you use as your default, because the hijacker is compatible with all of them. Its extension allows it to collect information about your browsing habits and use it to deliver personalized ads that you see online. It is important to keep in mind that these adverts can easily be fake, even if they appear on your favorite pages and look beneficial. Do not risk your computer’s safety by trusting the advertisements. If you want to improve your online security level, you should uninstall Mywebsearch.com.au.
How to remove Mywebsearch.com.au?
If you want to eliminate Mywebsearch.com.au from your browsers, you should implement the anti-malware tool presented on our page. It will scan your system, detect all potentially unwanted files and programs, and delete Mywebsearch.com.au along with them. It will also help you keep your PC safe from other Internet-based infections that you may encounter in the future. Alternative solution is to remove Mywebsearch.com.au from your browsers manually. If you choose to go with this option, you will have to erase Mywebsearch.com.au related application from your computer and then restore your browser settings. Instructions provided below the article explain how you can complete these tasks in more detail.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Mywebsearch.com.auUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mywebsearch.com.au. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Mywebsearch.com.au and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mywebsearch.com.au and related programs.
Remove Mywebsearch.com.au from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mywebsearch.com.au from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mywebsearch.com.au from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mywebsearch.com.au from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mywebsearch.com.au or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mywebsearch.com.au from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mywebsearch.com.au from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mywebsearch.com.au from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mywebsearch.com.au from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mywebsearch.com.au and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.