NavSmart is one of those irritating unwanted browser hijackers that change browser’s settings without permission. Browser hijackers are not malicious and they usually do not harm computers directly but are very aggravating to deal with. You can infect your computer when you install free software that has a hijacker attached to it. The hijacker is not plainly visible and if you miss it during installation, you will end up allowing it to install.
After the installation is complete, the hijacker will change settings and then try to redirect you to sponsored pages. This is not unusual since hijackers aim to direct traffic to sponsored pages and and generate income this way. The redirects are usually harmless and should not cause alarm but in extreme cases, you could be led to an infected site and possibly contaminate your computer with malware. To be sure that your computer is safe, we suggest you delete NavSmart.
How does NavSmart infect computers?
Hijackers need your permission to enter and users usually give it unknowingly. When installing freeware, it is important that users check for attached programs and if there is something, deselect it/them. During freeware installation, choose Advanced or Custom settings and everything that has been added will become visible there. Uncheck the boxes of those additional offers and that will be enough to prevent them from installing alongside the freeware. If you do not want to go through the trouble of having to remove NavSmart or similar later on, we strongly suggest you initially check for what has been added.
Why should you uninstall NavSmart?
NavSmart will take over your browsers the moment it installs onto your computer. It will make navsmart.info your homepage, new tabs and search engine on all popular browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And you will be stuck with the homepage until you delete NavSmart from the system. It does not look harmful and the provided search engine looks completely legitimate but if you use it, you will encounter sponsored content. This is how browser hijackers generate income. In order to lead you to sponsored pages, they insert links among legitimate search results. With every visit the site gets, the owners make money. This might seem pretty harmless but it should be noted that some hijackers could lead users to malicious pages where various kinds of malware could be lurking. If you are not careful, you could end up in serious trouble. We strongly suggest you take the time to remove NavSmart.
In order to prevent possibly serious outcomes, your best choice would be to uninstall NavSmart. This can be done in two ways, manually and automatically. If you choose the former, you will have to locate and erase NavSmart yourself, which may be difficult. Below this article you will find instructions to help you. If you opt for automatic NavSmart removal, obtain professional removal software and allow it to terminate NavSmart.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove NavSmartUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall NavSmart. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like NavSmart and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall NavSmart and related programs.
Remove NavSmart from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall NavSmart from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete NavSmart from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove NavSmart from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for NavSmart or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete NavSmart from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase NavSmart from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove NavSmart from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall NavSmart from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable NavSmart and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.