Nt.searchjourney.net Removal Instructions (Uninstall Nt.searchjourney.net)
Nt.searchjourney.net, also known as simply Search Journey, falls into the category of browser hijackers and adware. The extension is promoted as a tool that can improve your online experience by functioning as a customized new tab page.
Although it can be downloaded from its official webpage at Searchjourney.net, it also travels bundled with other freeware. We assure you that the application has more drawbacks than advantages. It does not improve your browsing in any way and only causes unnecessary disruptions. You should not hesitate to remove Nt.searchjourney.net from your browsers and go back to your original preferences.
Search Journey is practically identical to Search Expanse, Hoopla Search, Search Voyage, and some other browser-hijacking adware. It enters your PC and starts making unauthorized changes like switching your home page, new tab, and default search provider to Nt.searchjourney.net. The hijacker’s main page contains a search box and two settings buttons. It also shows you date and time. Your new search engine shows you results from Yahoo Search. Keep in mind that they will contain sponsored links.
Another major symptom of the unwanted program is that it floods your browsers with different types of advertisements. Its ads appear no matter where you go online. They include pop-ups, banners, coupons, hyperlinks, and even redirects to the hijacker’s sponsor pages. You should not interact with the advertising content, because it may be unsafe. The ads you see and the sites that you get rerouted to may contain misleading or completely false information. If you fall for these scams, you will risk your system’s and your personal data safety. If you want to make sure that does not happen, you should terminate Nt.searchjourney.net without hesitation. The next chapter can help you with that.
How to remove Nt.searchjourney.net?
You can delete Nt.searchjourney.net from your browsers manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal option, you will have to uninstall Search Journey from your PC and eliminate Nt.searchjourney.net from your browsers. In case you are not sure how to complete these tasks, you can follow the instructions presented below the article. If, on the other hand, you choose the more reliable option, i.e. automatic Nt.searchjourney.net removal, you will have to make use of an anti-malware utility. You can download one from our site. The security tool will perform a system scan and detect all issues. It will delete Nt.searchjourney.net along with other threats. It will also keep your computer safe in the future by providing it with real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Nt.searchjourney.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Nt.searchjourney.net. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Nt.searchjourney.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Nt.searchjourney.net and related programs.
Remove Nt.searchjourney.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Nt.searchjourney.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Nt.searchjourney.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Nt.searchjourney.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Nt.searchjourney.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Nt.searchjourney.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Nt.searchjourney.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Nt.searchjourney.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Nt.searchjourney.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Nt.searchjourney.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.