Nt.searchpassage.com Removal Guide
Nt.searchpassage.com is an untrustworthy search engine that tends to appear on browsers without permission. Thus, it is often called a browser hijacker. If you ever notice that Nt.searchpassage.com has hijacked all your browsers, the only thing that you can do about that is to remove Nt.searchpassage.com as soon as possible. We highly recommend doing that because we know that this search engine is not reliable.
Generally speaking, it might put systems into danger in a very short period of time. We know that it is not so easy to get rid of it and prevent this from happening, so we have decided to help users with that. Below you will find the manual removal instructions; however, it would be still clever that you read through this article from beginning to end first.
Nt.searchpassage.com will undoubtedly replace your homepage and search engine without permission. At first glance, it looks like an ordinary search engine that simply allows users to find the necessary information on the web; however, it is not exactly true. It has been noticed that Nt.searchpassage.com might cause redirections to third-party web pages, so there is always a possibility that you will end up on a bad web page one day. The only thing that you can do about that is to uninstall Nt.searchpassage.com from your browsers. Users need to eliminate this undesirable search engine in order to protect their privacy too because Nt.searchpassage.com might track users and record various details about them. We want to believe that it does not touch personal information, but, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that. Finally, it has been observed that Nt.searchpassage.com might not only redirect users to bad web pages and track them, but there is also a possibility that it will connect to the Internet from time to time. If you do not want to allow it to act in this manner, you should simply delete Nt.searchpassage.com. Remember, there are thousands of other search engines that act in the same manner. They also advertise themselves as decent search providers, so it is very important to be cautious all the time, especially if you connect to the Internet on a daily basis.
How did Nt.searchpassage.com browser hijacker enter my system?
In some cases, users can decide themselves whether to set this search engine or not; however, this threat usually enters systems without permission. As different malware experts have found, Nt.searchpassage.com usually attaches to one central program and travels in such small software bundles. These software bundles are mainly promoted on unreliable third-party web pages, so they do not have their official web pages and they are not promoted by different companies. It is not easy, but it is possible to prevent this from happening in the future. First of all, it is highly recommended not to download programs from file-sharing web pages, torrents, and similar sites anymore. Secondly, it is a must to read information provided for you during the installation of any program. Third, it would be wise to install a security tool. If you keep it active, malicious software will never enter your system. Of course, the tool must be 100% reliable!
How to remove Nt.searchpassage.com?
Unfortunately, Nt.searchpassage.com is a rather serious infection, so it might be really hard to get rid of it. First of all, you should try to delete Nt.searchpassage.com via Control Panel. If its entry is not available there, try removing extensions from browsers. If you still see the presence of Nt.searchpassage.com, go for the automatic Nt.searchpassage.com removal. In other words, scan your system with an automatic malware remover. We are sure that it will implement the Nt.searchpassage.com removal for you within seconds. Keep in mind that there is a small number of tools that can really help you, so you should find out more information about the tool and make sure that it is 100% reliable before you install it on your PC.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Nt.searchpassage.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Nt.searchpassage.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Nt.searchpassage.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Nt.searchpassage.com and related programs.
Remove Nt.searchpassage.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Nt.searchpassage.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Nt.searchpassage.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Nt.searchpassage.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Nt.searchpassage.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Nt.searchpassage.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Nt.searchpassage.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Nt.searchpassage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Nt.searchpassage.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Nt.searchpassage.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.