How to remove Omniboxes Virus (Uninstall Omniboxes Virus)
Omniboxes Virus, also known as Omniboxes.com, is categorized as a browser hijacker. It is not a virus, even though some users refer to it as one. The hijacker acts in a similar way to other programs of its type such as Webssearches.com, Mystartsearch.com, Sweet-page.com, and more. It can enter your computer without your notice and alter your browser settings automatically. The hijacker is used to boost online traffic.
By promoting various pages, its developers make profit. There is nothing beneficial about the application for computer users. We suggest that you delete Omniboxes Virus without hesitation.
How does Omniboxes Virus work?
Omniboxes Virus switches your home page and default search provider to Omniboxes.com as soon as the hijacker gets access to your system. Its main website does not differ much from any other search page. If you enter a query into its search box, you will get redirected to search.yahoo.com. The search results will include ads and sponsored links. You will also see commercial data on other sites that are not affiliated with the hijacker. We urge you to be careful with this data, because it may be unsafe. The hijacker does not discriminate between legitimate and fake ads, which means that you will see both kinds in your browsers. Stay away from all advertisements until you terminate Omniboxes Virus to make sure that you do not fall victim to some virtual scam.
If you are not sure how you have acquired Omniboxes Virus, that is most likely because it has entered your PC together with other freeware. Browser hijackers often use the bundling distribution method as do other potentially unwanted programs. The hijacker has been especially linked to such applications as PC Speed Up, VuuPC, Pro PC Cleaner, RocketTab and some others. You should not be surprised to find one or more of them on your computer. When you delete Omniboxes Virus, you should delete these programs as well.
How to remove Omniboxes Virus?
In order to eliminate Omniboxes Virus from your browsers, you will have to uninstall its related program from your computer and reset your browser settings. More detailed manual Omniboxes Virus removal instructions are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them. However, if you want a more effective solution, you should download the anti-malware utility and scan your system with it. The software will detect and erase Omniboxes Virus along with other unwanted files and programs. It will also protect your computer from future infections you may catch online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Omniboxes.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Omniboxes.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Omniboxes.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Omniboxes.com and related programs.
Remove Omniboxes.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Omniboxes.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Omniboxes.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Omniboxes.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Omniboxes.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Omniboxes.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Omniboxes.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Omniboxes.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Omniboxes.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Omniboxes.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.