Oolone.com Removal Instructions
Oolone.com is a Japanese website that contains links to articles, most of which have to do with cosmetics. At the top of the page it is stated that the information about new items and the articles comparing cosmetics are provided by a beauty writer Reiko.
You should know, however, that if this page has been set as your home page without your permission, you are dealing with a browser hijacker. It can affect any browser that you have got installed, because it is compatible with all major browsers. If you wish to return to your original settings, you will have to terminate Oolone.com.
How does Oolone.com work?
It is possible that the hijacker has entered your computer through a free software bundle. Freeware and shareware are often accompanied by potentially unwanted apps that are presented in the wizard as additional offers. Most users do not pay careful attention to the wizard and so they end up acquiring unwanted apps without even realizing it. You can avoid them in the future by following a few simple tips. Always install freeware in the Advanced or Custom mode and deselect all optional components that you see in the wizard.
Once the hijacker takes over, it sets Oolone.com as your new home page. It may replace your default search provider as well. As you already know, the site is presented in Japanese. Unless you speak the language, it will be completely useless to you. In addition to the settings modifications, you may also notice an increase in the amount of advertising data you see online. Various pop-ups, banners, links, coupons, and other ads will start appearing on your screen constantly. You should know that these ads are not monitored by anyone, so they could be fake. If you wish to improve your cyber security level, you should not hesitate to delete Oolone.com from your browsers.
How to remove Oolone.com?
In order to eliminate Oolone.com from your browsers, you will have to choose between automatic and manual removal options. If you choose to uninstall Oolone.com automatically, you will need a malware removal tool. You can download the utility from our site and use it to scan your PC. It will detect all issues and remove Oolone.com along with them. The security software will stay useful in the future by providing you with online protection at all times. The alternative solution is to delete Oolone.com manually. You may have to uninstall its associated program from your computer before you can fix your browsers. Instructions on how to do that are provided below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Oolone.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Oolone.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Oolone.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Oolone.com and related programs.
Remove Oolone.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Oolone.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Oolone.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Oolone.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Oolone.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Oolone.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Oolone.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Oolone.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Oolone.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Oolone.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.