What is Ourluckysites.com?
Ourluckysites.com is a browser hijacker that may suddenly enter your computer. It can infect your system when you install free software that has the hijacker attached to it. That hijacker is allowed to install alongside unless you notice it and manually prevent it from doing so. Even if you did accidentally install Ourluckysites.com, there is no need to panic because it is not malicious. It is not malware and it will not harm your computer. Browser hijackers generally aim to generate income by redirecting users to sponsored content. They also change browse’s settings and set different home pages. While not harmful by themselves, some hijackers can expose users to dangerous content. If you are not careful, you could obtain some kind of malware. This and the fact that hijackers are useless is why we suggest you remove Ourluckysites.com.
How does Ourluckysites.com spread?
All browser hijackers use the same method to spread and that is via free software. Ourluckysites.com was attached to freeware in a way that allowed it to install alongside. In the future, you can prevent these installations by using Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. In those settings, you will see what has been added and if there is something, you will be allowed to deselect it/them. All you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes and this will actually save you time because you will not have to uninstall Ourluckysites.com or similar again.
Why delete Ourluckysites.com?
If this hijacker is installed on your computer, when you open your browser, you will suddenly find that your browser’s settings have been changed and you have Ourluckysites.com as your homepage and new tabs. This affects all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And you will also not be allowed to change the settings back unless you first remove Ourluckysites.com from the system. Your new home page will only have a search box. If you use it, you would be taken to Yahoo Search. Ourluckysites.com is rather useless as users who wish to use Yahoo can go there directly. There is no need to go through some questionable site that suddenly appeared on the browser. It may be tracking your browsing sessions and collecting certain kind of non-sensitive information. That information could then be sold to third parties. There really is no use in allowing Ourluckysites.com to remain on your computer. It will only frustrate you. Uninstall Ourluckysites.com.
To fully delete Ourluckysites.com, we suggest you obtain professional removal software. This would be the quickest and easiest Ourluckysites.com removal because the program would take care of everything. Nevertheless, if you opt to erase Ourluckysites.com manually, you are welcome to use the provided instructions below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Ourluckysites.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Ourluckysites.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Ourluckysites.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Ourluckysites.com and related programs.
Remove Ourluckysites.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Ourluckysites.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Ourluckysites.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Ourluckysites.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Ourluckysites.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Ourluckysites.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Ourluckysites.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Ourluckysites.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Ourluckysites.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Ourluckysites.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.