What is OurLuckySites?
OurLuckySites is a browser hijacker linked to a potentially unwanted application called SIViewer. This application is supposed to allow users to open various image formats including .jpg, .gif, and more. It may be promoted as a valuable tool, however, that does not mean that you can actually trust it. The goal of the program is to make money off of you, which is why you should be careful with it. As do other programs of this category, SIViewer uses the bundling distribution method. Once inside, it alters your browser settings, adds commercial data to your browsers, and causes other disruptions. There is no reason why you should hesitate to delete OurLuckySites and its related software from your computer.
How does OurLuckySites work?
As we have already mentioned, the OurLuckySites hijacker is a part of the potentially unwanted application that most likely arrived onto your PC through free third party software. The app uses other freeware to enter systems unnoticed as it is rather unlikely that anyone would download it willingly. When you install free software, you should be aware of the fact that it often comes with additional offers. To avoid getting stuck with useless apps, you should pay careful attention to the installation wizard and deselect all optional components offered to you.
The most obvious symptom of the SIViewer is that it changes your browser settings. Your home page and default search engine get switched to OurLuckySites. The site has a search box, which shows results containing sponsored links. In addition to that, the hijacker also inserts adverts into other websites that you visit. You will not be able to surf the Web without constant ads and redirects. Clearly, not all advertisements shown to you are safe. As the hijacker’s creators do not hold any responsibility for the content that they expose you to, you will not be able to blame them if you suffer undesirable consequences as a result of interacting with them. Your online safety should always be a priority. That is why we advise that you get rid of OurLuckySites as soon as you can.
How to remove OurLuckySites?
OurLuckySites removal can be completed manually or automatically. The more beneficial solution is automatic removal, because it allows you to accomplish several tasks at once. By implementing the anti-malware from our page, you will be able to not only erase OurLuckySites and its related program for good, but also to delete other threats that may be present in the system. Moreover, the security tool comes with malware prevention capabilities that will keep your computer safeguarded from other online parasites. The other way you can eliminate OurLuckySites from your browsers is by following the removal guide we have prepared below. It explains how you can terminate OurLuckySites related application and reset your browsers manually.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove OurLuckySitesUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall OurLuckySites. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like OurLuckySites and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall OurLuckySites and related programs.
Remove OurLuckySites from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall OurLuckySites from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete OurLuckySites from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove OurLuckySites from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for OurLuckySites or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete OurLuckySites from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase OurLuckySites from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove OurLuckySites from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall OurLuckySites from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable OurLuckySites and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- our lucky sites uninstall
- how to uninstall ourluckysites
- How to uninstall OurLuckysites from Internet explorer
- ourluckysites kaspersky
- ourluckysites norton
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.