About this hijacker
Picpac.info is a Japanese website that will appear as your homepage if you install a certain browser hijacker. Hijackers are not malicious infections but they can still be very troublesome to deal with. The website will appear out of the blue and will hijack all of your browsers, and prevent you from changing any settings.
Hijackers primarily aim to generate income by redirecting users to sponsored content, which they do by inserting sponsored websites into search results. So it provides little use to you. It should also be mentioned that those redirects could lead to a serious infection, so you best be careful. And if you want to avoid these kinds of infections in the future, you will want to learn how to correctly install freeware, because these infections are attached to it. If you uninstall Picpac.info, you should be able to go back to usual browsing in no time.
Why delete Picpac.info?
How to prevent these kinds of infections in the future?
When you are installing freeware, you need to pay attention to the process and make sure to deselect all added offers that come with it. They will not be noticeable at first, but are not difficult to remove. To be able to check if the program you are installing has unwanted items attached to it, use Advanced (Custom) settings when setting it up. If you do see something there, simply uncheck the items and then proceed to install the program. Make sure sure that you deselect everything, and there are no unwanted surprises later on.
You can delete Picpac.info manually, if you wish, but you will need to find it yourself, which can prove to be time-consuming. If you want quick Picpac.info removal, obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of everything. After you remove Picpac.info, go change your browser’s settings, and you can return to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Picpac.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Picpac.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Picpac.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Picpac.info and related programs.
Remove Picpac.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Picpac.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Picpac.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Picpac.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Picpac.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Picpac.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Picpac.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Picpac.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Picpac.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Picpac.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.