Piesearch Removal Tips (Uninstall Piesearch)
Piesearch is a browser hijacker that disturbs your Internet surfing experience by altering your browser settings without your permission, redirecting you to unknown sites, inserting adverts into your favorite pages, and more.
The unwanted application affects all popular browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. Its main purpose is to boost online traffic. That is how the developers of the hijacker make profit. Clearly, they are not concerned with your convenience. There is no reason for you to hesitate with the hijacker’s removal. The sooner you delete Piesearch, the sooner you can return to normal online browsing.
How does Piesearch work?
Once the hijacker takes over, it sets your home page and default search engine to Piesearch.com. The webpage contains a search box, quick access buttons, and a suspicious advert. The quick access links are divided into Hot and Game categories. There is also a “Game” button at the top of the page, which leads to wiixp.com. This site contains sports, puzzle, shooting, strategy, and other types of games. The hijacker claims that it shows you the best results collected from various search engines, but that is simply not true. If you enter a query into the search box, you will be presented with results from Google. Clearly, you can use Google Search directly, without having to deal with unnecessary redirects.
Since the main purpose of the hijacker is to generate web traffic, it will also use other tricks in order to do so. The hijacker will insert various advertisements into all pages that you visit. It will also reroute you to its sponsor sites at random. All of this unnecessary activity will slow down your Internet browsing speed. You may also be exposed to unreliable ads as the hijacker is not responsible for the data that it shows you. If you want to make sure that you do not accidentally click on fake adverts, you should terminate Piesearch.
How to remove Piesearch?
You can eliminate Piesearch from your browsers manually or automatically. Manual Piesearch removal is not that complicated, however, if you think that you may have additional unwanted applications in your system, you should go with automatic removal instead. Download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your PC and delete Piesearch along with its associated program and other possible threats. If, however, you decide to remove Piesearch manually after all, you are welcome to use the instructions presented below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove PiesearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Piesearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Piesearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Piesearch and related programs.
Remove Piesearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Piesearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Piesearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Piesearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Piesearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Piesearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Piesearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Piesearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Piesearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Piesearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- how to remove pie search
- piesearch delete
- pie search remove
- how to uninstall piesearch
- uninstall piesearch
- disable piesearch
- how to remove s piesearch
- pie search uninstall
- remove piesearch search engine
- how to uninstall pie search