What is play-bar.net?
play-bar.net is just another suspicious browser hijacker that must be deleted as soon as its presence is noticed. It belongs to a group of similar browser hijackers developed by Minsdspark. The infection is able to mess with the browser settings of Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. Without asking the user for a permission, it changes the homepage, default search provider, and new tab into play-bar.net. The search engine must not be used if you care about your virtual safety because it is created for generating revenue without any concern about people. Because of this, you should not hesitate and delete play-bar.net now so that a lot of trouble would be avoided.
Why is play-bar.net dangerous?
When you go to the website, you can see that it disguised as a useful page for those who like online games. At the top of the page, we can see some links to gaming sites. And… that’s it. There is nothing more to attract the eye. As you can see, the hijacker didn’t really do a good job, considering that you can easily find online gaming websites by yourself. Once you try searching for information, you can see that the results belong to Yahoo, which is a legitimate search engine. Unfortunately, there are a lot of sponsored ads at the right corner of the window. They look like legitimate results, and some users might press them accidentally. This is not advised – you can experience an unwanted redirection to a corrupted page. What is more, the hijacker displays third-party ads wherever you browse. This is really annoying and, on top of that, dangerous. You can get infected with malware, adware, or viruses! Additionally, your non-personal info might be collected and used for advertising. Remove play-bar.net from your PC because of these security risks.
How did my computer get infected with play-bar.net?
People can download the browser hijacker from this website: http://youronlinegameplay.com/youronlinegameplay?. But, in reality, the majority of infections happen because of freeware and shareware bundles. When users download software from suspicious pages and don’t pay attention to the Installation Wizard, a lot of different PUPs can infiltrate their computers. This program is known to come with malicious software installers that can cause a lot of damage. That’s why you have to uninstall play-bar.net.
How to remove play-bar.net from my PC?
It is not very difficult to eliminate this PUP if you have a reliable anti-malware and anti-spyware application. This useful tool will make play-bar.net removal an easy process. Even if you choose to get rid of the program manually, our experts advise you to scan your PC for other threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove play-bar.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall play-bar.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like play-bar.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall play-bar.net and related programs.
Remove play-bar.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall play-bar.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete play-bar.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove play-bar.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for play-bar.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete play-bar.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase play-bar.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove play-bar.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall play-bar.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable play-bar.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- play-bar net
- remove play bar net
- remove play-bar net
- remove play-bar
- remove playbar net
- remove play bar
- play bar virus
- how to remove playbar
- playbar removal
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.