What is Point.LotusILoveYou.com?
Point.LotusILoveYou.com is promoted as a useful search tool that can provide you with beneficial search results, however, that is not what its main goal is. The browser hijacker uses various deceptive tactics to expose you to advertising data. Although it may look like any other search portal, it cannot be regarded as one. The hijacker not only changes your browser settings, reroutes you to unfamiliar websites, but it is also responsible for other unwelcome symptoms. There is no reason why you should hesitate to delete Point.LotusILoveYou.com from your browsers for good.
How does Point.LotusILoveYou.com work?
Point.LotusILoveYou.com spreads online by attaching itself two other freeware. When you visit third-party websites and download software from them, you need to pay attention to the installation wizard. If you do, you will notice additional offers that usually appear in the Advanced or Custom mode. These offers can be declined, but you need to do so manually. If you install the freeware without making any modifications to the setup, you will unwittingly add potentially unwanted programs to your computer.
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it alters your browser settings upon arrival. Your home page and default search provider get switched to Point.LotusILoveYou.com. Moreover, the hijacker will make sure that you see various advertisements no matter where you go online. The pages that you visit may have nothing to do with the hijacker, but you may still see pop-ups, banners, coupons, and other adverts on them. Some of these ads may be based on your browsing history as the hijacker tracks your cookies and analyzes the collected information. Regardless of how the ad may look, you have to keep in mind that thereis no way for you to know that it is safe. We suggest that you stay away from all advertisements for now. If you wish to get rid of them altogether, you will have to eliminate Point.LotusILoveYou.com along with its related application from your PC and your browsers.
How to remove Point.LotusILoveYou.com?
Although the hijacker may not harm your system directly, it does not improve your surfing or your online security either. In fact, it lowers its level considerably. In order to terminate Point.LotusILoveYou.com, you will have to uninstall the program with which it arrived. There are two possible Point.LotusILoveYou.com removal options: manual and automatic. If you use a malware prevention and removal tool to get rid of Point.LotusILoveYou.com, you will also eliminate other unreliable components from your computer.
Furthermore, the utility will keep your PC safeguarded from various online parasites including more serious threats like Trojans, worms, rootkits, malware, and so on. If, on the other hand, you choose to erase Point.LotusILoveYou.com manually, you will need to complete several tasks. The removal process is described in more detail in the guide provided right below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Point.LotusILoveYou.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Point.LotusILoveYou.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Point.LotusILoveYou.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Point.LotusILoveYou.com and related programs.
Remove Point.LotusILoveYou.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Point.LotusILoveYou.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Point.LotusILoveYou.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Point.LotusILoveYou.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Point.LotusILoveYou.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Point.LotusILoveYou.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Point.LotusILoveYou.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Point.LotusILoveYou.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Point.LotusILoveYou.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Point.LotusILoveYou.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.