Proc-search.com Removal Instructions (Uninstall Proc-search.com)
Proc-search.com falls into the category of browser hijackers, because it can alter your browser preferences without your approval. It can cause other unwanted modifications as well like redirecting you to unfamiliar websites, displaying ads in your browsers, tracking your cookies, and more.
Most of the symptoms caused by the hijacker have to do with its main purpose – web traffic generation. The hijacker employs pay-per-click system, which means that it earns revenue for its creators every time you click on its ads. If you want to eliminate the unnecessary commercial data from your web browsers, you will have to terminate Proc-search.com.
The hijacker sets your home page and default search provider to Proc-search.com. The About us page of this search engine states that it can provide you with the most relevant information faster than other search sites. It is also mentioned on this page that ProcSearch does not show you “irrelevant advertising” that will only slow down your web search. That is simply not true. If you look for information using the search box presented on Proc-search.com, you will see sponsored links in your search results.
In addition to commercial data on the main site of the hijacker, you will also encounter various pop-ups, banners, coupons, and other ads on pages that have nothing to do with the hijacker or even online shopping. You should bear in mind that these adverts may be unsafe. You should not click on them unless you want to be exposed to online scams aimed at infecting your PC or extorting money from you. The hijacker will also cause Internet slow downs and redirects to unfamiliar sites. There is no reason why you should tolerate any of these inconveniences. We recommend that you remove Proc-search.com from your web browsers as soon as you can.
How to remove Proc-search.com?
There are two ways you can delete Proc-search.com: manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal option, you will have to erase Proc-search.com from your computer and restore your web browser settings. These tasks are described in more detailed in the instructions presented below the article. In case you are not sure you can complete them yourself or if you wish to make sure that you not only delete Proc-search.com, but also clean your system from other unwanted files and programs, you should go with automatic removal instead. You can download the anti-malware utility from our page and let it scan and clean your PC. In addition to Proc-search.com removal, the software will also ensure your computer’s cyber security in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Proc-search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Proc-search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Proc-search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Proc-search.com and related programs.
Remove Proc-search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Proc-search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Proc-search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Proc-search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Proc-search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Proc-search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Proc-search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Proc-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Proc-search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Proc-search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.