What is Queryrouter Search?
Queryrouter Search is a browser hijacker that comes bundled with free applications to be able to appear on computers unnoticed. Once this infection is inside the system, it changes settings on all popular browsers by setting itself as a homepage and search engine. It makes those changes to make sure that users see it every day and use it as a tool for searching the web. It is not advisable to use Queryrouter Search to search the web, not to mention let it stay on browsers. All search tools that are set on browsers without permission are considered unreliable and should not be trusted by any means. You will find more about Queryrouter Search in second and third paragraphs.
What does Queryrouter Search do?
As has already been mentioned, users discover Queryrouter Search set on their browsers without permission, so this website is called a browser hijacker rather than a reputable search provider. It cannot be called trustworthy due to a number of different commercial advertisements located on its search results page. As has been found, redirections to bad websites might occur if this search tool is kept and its search feature is used by a user, i.e. it is used as a default search provider. Nothing bad will happen if users do not click on these advertisements, but, unfortunately, it is hardly possible to avoid them because they look like other search results. It is quite dangerous to use Queryrouter Search as a tool for searching the web because it might itself perform one bad activity. No, we are not talking about these ads users are provided with. It has also been found that it might seek to gather various personal details that can personally identify users. This information might even be sold or simply sent to partners, i.e. third parties. There is only one solution to the problem – go to uninstall Queryrouter Search immediately.
Why do I see Queryrouter Search when I open my Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer?
The appearance of a seemingly reputable website Queryrouter Search indicates that a computer infection, more specifically a browser hijacker, has found a security loophole and appeared on the computer. It usually comes bundled with free software from third-party websites. Actually, browser hijackers rarely appears on computers silently. What we want to say here is that users are responsible for allowing a browser hijacker to enter their computers. Do not do the same mistake – be more careful on the web in the future and install a security application right after the Queryrouter Search removal.
How do I delete Queryrouter Search from browsers?
If a browser hijacker, such as Queryrouter Search, is kept installed, malicious software might enter the system in no time, so it is highly recommended to remove Queryrouter Search as soon as possible. Users can choose from two Queryrouter Search removal methods: the manual and the automatic one. It does not really matter which of these methods is chosen to remove Queryrouter Search because the most important thing is to fully delete Queryrouter Search from browsers. Malware will not threaten to enter your PC anymore if you do that.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Queryrouter SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Queryrouter Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Queryrouter Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Queryrouter Search and related programs.
Remove Queryrouter Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Queryrouter Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Queryrouter Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Queryrouter Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Queryrouter Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Queryrouter Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Queryrouter Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Queryrouter Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Queryrouter Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Queryrouter Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.