Quidt.com is a browser hijacker promoting a dubious search engine. It is very similar to searchjungle.com, which is another hijacker. Quidt.com must have entered your computer along with free software without you noticing. What you need to learn from this is that you must pay attention to how you install free software. Thankfully, Quidt.com will not damage your computer itself.
It aims to generate pay-per-click revenue by redirecting you to sponsored sites and in order to do that, it needs to change your browser’s settings. The changes will be carried out without your permission. Hijackers do not filter through the sites it exposes you to so you may end up on an infected page where malware could be waiting for you. If you want to protect your computer from harm, you need to uninstall Quidt.com immediately.
How does Quidt.com spread?
Browser hijackers spread via software bundles. It essentially is attached to free software in a way that allows it to install alongside it. In order to prevent these unwanted installations, you need to deselect the added items during the freeware installation process. Select Advanced or Custom settings and uncheck the boxes of the added items. This will block them from installing. Do not rush through the installation process in Default settings because that is how you ended up having to delete Quidt.com in the first place.
Why remove Quidt.com?
Quidt.com is advertised as a search engine that is ‘sleek, intuitive and powerful’. It is also rather dubious. For one, it does not provide anything that reliable search engines do not have. It will become your homepage on all browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. These changes will be carried out without your permission and you will be unable to undo them until you delete Quidt.com from the computer. We do not suggest using the search engine as it may provide sponsored results. Hijackers aim to generate traffic for certain sites and they redirect you to them in order to do that. You may also be exposed to dangerous web pages where malware could lurking. Malware would be a much more serious issue compared to a mere browser hijacker. If you want to avoid serious damage to your system, uninstall Quidt.com.
You may need to remove Quidt.com using professional removal software. Usually, browser hijackers are hard to locate so manual Quidt.com removal may be difficult. If you do not feel confident, allow the program to erase Quidt.com for you. You will then be able to change your browser’s settings and return to usual use.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Quidt.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Quidt.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Quidt.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Quidt.com and related programs.
Remove Quidt.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Quidt.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Quidt.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Quidt.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Quidt.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Quidt.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Quidt.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Quidt.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Quidt.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Quidt.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.