Rapidserach.com Removal Guide
Rapidserach.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to Stepitapp. It usually enters your browser with an extension that is also powered by this company. The extension may be promoted as a useful tool that can provide you with quick access to all of your favorite pages, however, that does not mean that it is worth keeping installed.
The hijacker has plenty of drawbacks. It alters your browser settings, floods you with ads, causes redirects to unknown pages, and more. It does not matter which browser you use, because it is compatible with all of them. We advise that you terminate Rapidserach.com as soon as you can.
Rapidserach.com installs a toolbar to your browsers and modifies their settings without your permission. Your home page and default search provider are replaced with a page containing a search box and several quick access links. If you make use of the box presented on Rapidserach.com, you will get rerouted to Search.yahoo.com, however, these results will be altered to include links from Safe Finder. Unfortunately, Safe Finder is not a reliable engine, and it can show you sponsored links that may lead you to corrupted websites.
Other ads that you will see while surfing the Web should not be blindly trusted either. They are not endorsed by the extension and could easily be fake. Clicking on them could result in malware infections or other unwanted consequences of dealing with a virtual scam. In addition to lowering your cyber security level, the hijacker slows down your surfing speed and makes your computer function in a more sluggish manner. It also tracks your cookies thus recording your online habits including your visited pages, clicked ads, search queries, and more. If you wish to get rid of all of these symptoms, you will have to delete Rapidserach.com from your browsers.
How to remove Rapidserach.com?
In order to uninstall Rapidserach.com for good, you should implement a malware removal tool and clean your PC completely. If you download the utility from our page, it will scan your computer, detect all threats, and eliminate Rapidserach.com along with them. Moreover, it will also shield your system from other Internet-based infections you may have to deal with in the future. Alternatively, you can remove Rapidserach.com manually by following the instructions presented below the article. They explain how you can uninstall the hijacker’s related application and delete Rapidserach.com from your browsers. If you follow them carefully, you should not have any issues with this removal option.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Rapidserach.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Rapidserach.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Rapidserach.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Rapidserach.com and related programs.
Remove Rapidserach.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Rapidserach.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Rapidserach.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Rapidserach.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Rapidserach.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Rapidserach.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Rapidserach.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Rapidserach.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Rapidserach.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Rapidserach.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.