What is RarVault Virus?
RarVault Virus is a ransomware infection even though it is called a virus. It enters computers to encrypt files. Once it successfully infiltrates the computer, it encrypts files in C:, D:, E:, and other places on the computer. It does that to make users pay money, and it clearly says about the amount of money users have to pay in the RarVault.htm file it creates on Desktop. This message is a ransom note, so you will find there that you need to pay 1 Bitcoin to unlock the files it has encrypted.
As the decryption key is very expensive (1 Bitcoin is equivalent to $611 right now), you should not pay money even though there are no tools to decrypt those files free of charge now. You should remove RarVault Virus instead of paying money because you might not even get the tool after you make a payment but your money will be stolen by cyber criminals. Do not worry; there is still a way to decrypt those files. You can recover them from a backup. Of course, it is a problem if you do not have one. In such a case, you should simply delete RarVault Virus from your PC.
How did RarVault Virus enter my computer?
RarVault Virus shares similarities with other ransomware infections, for example, Locky Ransomware, Cerber3 Ransomware, and Flyper Ransomware. They all act the same, i.e. encrypt files they find on the computer and then demand a ransom. Also, it has been noticed that they all sneak onto computers secretly. Ransomware infections are usually promoted using spam emails, P2P networks, fake software updaters, and Trojans. Therefore, you need to be very cautious with spam email attachments and when downloading software from third-party web pages. Last but not least, you need to install a legitimate anti-virus or anti-malware tool on your computer right after you implement the RarVault Virus removal. It will protect your PC from harm.
How can I decrypt my files?
Ransomware infections are very serious and nasty threats, so the only way to unlock those files they encrypt is to pay the ransom they require. Of course, this might not help you too, so you should not pay 1 Bitcoin for cyber criminals responsible for the presence of RarVault Virus on your computer. You can try to use a free decryptor, but it might not help you too, so you should uninstall RarVault Virus and then wait for the free decryptor to be released in the future. If IT specialists create it, you will find it on the web and could download it free of charge.
How can I delete RarVault Virus?
RarVault Virus and many other ransomware infections that encrypt files make a bunch of modifications on the computer to be able to encrypt files. Thus, we suggest that you remove RarVault Virus automatically, i.e. go for the automatic RarVault Virus removal with a reputable antimalware tool. It is possible to delete RarVault Virus manually too, but we do not think that it is a good idea to erase this threat by hand if you have never done that before because you will definitely leave malicious components on the system and the ransomware infection might revive.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove RarVault VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall RarVault Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like RarVault Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Delete RarVault Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove RarVault Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove RarVault Virus
Remove RarVault Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete RarVault Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete RarVault Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete RarVault Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.