Reimage Removal Instructions
Reimage is classified as a potentially unwanted application, because it does not follow through on its promises. The tool is promoted as a utility that can help you to “Repair your PC for Free”. It is supposed to allow you to eliminate crashing, clean junk files, improve privacy protection, speed up computer performance and more.
All of these statements seem hard to believe, especially because the program can only be useful when you purchase its full version. It does not perform any of the above described tasks when you are using the trial version. Unless you plan on upgrading the application, we suggest that you delete Reimage from your PC.
How does Reimage work?
Reimage has an official site, reimageplus.com, from which it can be downloaded. The site states that the application is capable of reviving the life of your computer, restoring its peak performance and more. It also states that you can scan your system with it for free, however, you will have to pay for its full version. If computer users do not pay careful attention to the website, they may miss this important piece of information and download the software anyway. During its installation process, they will also be offered to add the AVG toolbar and AVG Secure Search to their browsers.
After Reimage gets installed, it performs a system scan. The results of the scan are sure to include various errors that should be removed with help of the Start Repair button. However, if you click on it, you will be asked to enter a license key, which can only be acquired by purchasing the full version of the application. The cost of the software may vary depending on your geographic location. We would not recommend spending your money on a program that is advertised via suspicious pop-ups and ads that appear on your screen when your PC is infected with adware. If you do not plan on upgrading the utility, you should eliminate Reimage from your system.
How to remove Reimage?
Fortunately, it is not that difficult to delete Reimage. You can uninstall Reimage manually via Control Panel or you can remove Reimage using a reliable anti-malware tool. We recommend the second option, especially if you think that there may be other unwanted programs on your PC. If you download and install the malware remover, you will be able to scan your computer, detect all of its issues and terminate Reimage along with them. The software also functions as a malware prevention measure, so you will not have to worry about future infections you may catch while browsing the Web.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ReimageUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Reimage. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Reimage and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Reimage and related programs.
Remove Reimage from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Reimage from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Reimage from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Reimage from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Reimage or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Reimage from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Reimage from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Reimage from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Reimage from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Reimage and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- how to get rid of Reimage for Mac
- reimage mac malware
- how to ininstall reimage from mac
- kapersky reimage
- mac reimage for mac malware
- reimage removal tool