100searchengines.com Removal Tips (Uninstall 100searchengines.com)
100searchengines.com is a website that belongs to Advanced Search Technologies, Inc. and is powered by Thunderstone Software. It is classified as a browser hijacker and promoted as a search tool that can provide you with different search engines from one place. The hijacker can change preferences in all of your browsers, because it is compatible with all major browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others.
You may think that the so-called search tool can be trusted at first, but soon you will start noticing its symptoms like various advertisements appearing on your visited pages, redirects to unknown websites, and more. We suggest that you delete 100searchengines.com and use a more reliable search provider instead.
The hijacker sets 100searchengines.com as your home page and default search provider. This page contains multiple features. It has a search box that allows you to search for information using such parameters as All the Internet, Amazon, Bing, eBay, Google, Wikipedia, Yahoo, YouTube, and others. As far as we can tell, all of these parameters actually work. The webpage also contains a variety of quick access links that are divided into such categories as Popular Internet Sites, Check Your Email, Today’s News, Games, Entertainment, Travel, Directions, and more.
In addition to modifying your browser settings, the hijacker is also capable of causing other disruptions. It can insert advertisements into your browsers and redirect you to its sponsored sites. These activities will noticeably slow down your online surfing speed. The hijacker may also affect your computer performance. You should also know that it uses tracking cookies in order to collect information about your Internet browsing habits. This data can be sold to third parties or used for marketing purposes. If you want to eliminate all of these symptoms from your web browsers, you should delete 100searchengines.com as soon as possible.
How to remove 100searchengines.com?
If you want to go back to your original search tools and eliminate 100searchengines.com, you will have to choose one of the two following removal options: manual or automatic. In order to terminate 100searchengines.com manually, you will have to uninstall its related program and then fix your browser settings. In case you need more detailed instructions on how to complete these tasks, you should follow the manual 100searchengines.com removal guide presented below the article. Alternatively, you can make use of the anti-malware tool provided on our site and clean your computer. The malware prevention and removal utility will perform a full system scan, detect, and remove 100searchengines.com along with other potential threats. Moreover, it will also safeguard your PC from other online parasites you may encounter in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 100searchengines.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 100searchengines.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 100searchengines.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall 100searchengines.com and related programs.
Remove 100searchengines.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 100searchengines.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 100searchengines.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 100searchengines.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 100searchengines.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 100searchengines.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 100searchengines.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 100searchengines.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 100searchengines.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 100searchengines.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.