12kotov.ru Removal Guide
12kotov.com, which can be translated as “12 cats”, is a Russian website that presents you with a search box, links to various articles, and ads. It may function as a browser hijacker, which means that it may have entered your PC and altered your browser settings without your notice. Browser hijackers are not useful applications.
Their main purpose is to promote their sponsors and thus make profit for their creators. Although 12kotov.ru is not malicious, it will still cause various inconveniences, most of which will have to do with advertisements. If you want to eliminate them from your browsers, you have to delete 12kotov.ru.
How does 12kotov.ru work?
The hijacker spreads online in free software bundles. You may have acquired it accidentally by installing freeware without paying attention to its wizard. Potentially unwanted apps often use this distribution method, so if you do not wish to deal with them any longer, you have to install free software in the Advanced mode and decline all optional offers that you get presented with. We assure you, you will not be missing out on anything as unwanted programs are usually aimed at monetizing the free services, which means that they flood you with ads, cause redirects to sponsor sites, track your cookies, and so on.
The 12kotov.ru website gets set as your home page and default search provider. The page is presented in Russian. It shows you a long list of articles related to various topics including politics, economy, sports, travel, entertainment, and more. The website also has a search box, weather report and exchange rate icons, and some ads. If you make use of the search box, you will get rerouted to Go.mail.ru. Needless to say, these results will be aimed at Russian-speaking computer users. They will also contain ads. If you do not speak the language or if you wish to go back to your preferred search tools, you will have to uninstall 12kotov.ru from your browsers.
How to remove 12kotov.ru?
In order to terminate 12kotov.ru for good, you will have to uninstall the application with which it entered your computer. Once you do that, you can move on to fixing your browser settings. If you need more detailed instructions on how to complete these tasks manually, you are welcome to use the manual 12kotov.ru removal guide presented below the article. Alternatively, you can remove 12kotov.ru and other potential threats from your system by using a malware removal tool. The security tool, which you can acquire on our page, will scan your system, detect all unwanted components, and delete 12kotov.ru along with them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 12kotov.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 12kotov.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 12kotov.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall 12kotov.ru and related programs.
Remove 12kotov.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 12kotov.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 12kotov.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 12kotov.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 12kotov.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 12kotov.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 12kotov.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 12kotov.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 12kotov.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 12kotov.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- how to remove 12 kotov ru
- 12 kotov remove
- 12 kotov ru delete adware
- 12 kotov ru remove
- 12kotov ru is still there
- how remove the 12kotov ru
- removal 12kotov ru
- remove 12kotov ru mozilla
- как uninstall 12kotov
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.