1startpage.com Removal Guide (Uninstall 1startpage.com)
1startpage.com is a browser hijacker that can change your preferences in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and other web browsers. It is managed by Born To Be Net Consulting S.L., which is a company located in Spain. The hijacker gets distributed through free software bundles. It is aimed at generating online traffic.
The hijacker may appear like a useful start page at first, but it also causes various unwanted symptoms like flooding you with ads and slowing down your Internet surfing speed. If you wan to go back to your original browser settings, you will have to terminate 1startpage.com.
1startpage.com replaces your home page, new tab, and default search provider. This page contains a search box powered by Bing and such quick access buttons as Online Games, Movies, Wallpapers, Songs, Download Software, and others. The search box will show you results from Bing, however, it may add its own sponsored links into the results as well. The main page of the hijacker also informs you that the use of its services requires the installation of cookies onto your computer. These cookies belong to the hijacker itself and third parties. Unless you block them, you agree to the installation of cookies automatically. What this means is the the hijacker will monitor your online behavior for marketing purposes.
As you already know, 1startpage.com will insert various adverts into your browsers. Some of these may be based on the information that the hijacker collects with the help of the tracking cookies. It is important for you to keep in mind that regardless of what the advert promotes, it can be fake. You should not trust the ads, pop-ups, banners, and other commercials that you see online. They are not monitored by anyone and can easily lead you to corrupted sites. If you do not want to be exposed to various online scams and accidentally infect your PC with malware, you should delete 1startpage.com right away.
How to remove 1startpage.com?
There are two methods you can choose from in order to delete 1startpage.com: manual or automatic removal. If you decide to make use of the first method, you will have to remove 1startpage.com and restore your browser settings. These tasks can be completed with the help of the manual removal instructions presented below. If, on the other hand, you choose to go with automatic 1startpage.com removal, you will have to implement an anti-malware utility. If you download the malware remover from our page and install it, it will scan your system and detect all unwanted files and apps. The software will then allow you to eliminate 1startpage.com along with other threats. Moreover, it will stay useful in the future as it will shield your PC from other Internet-based infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 1startpage.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 1startpage.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 1startpage.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall 1startpage.com and related programs.
Remove 1startpage.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 1startpage.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 1startpage.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 1startpage.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 1startpage.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 1startpage.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 1startpage.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 1startpage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 1startpage.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 1startpage.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.