1stbrowser Removal Instructions (Uninstall 1stbrowser)
1stbrowser is a web browser that is promoted on its official page as “the first fully customizable browser” with a variety of icons and designs that you can choose from. It is also supposed to provide you with quick access to your favorite websites.
These may seem like useful features, however, the browser is classified as a potentially unwanted program for a reason. Although it can be downloaded from its official site, it also gets distributed bundled with freeware. Moreover, the application is also known to have adware capabilities. We suggest that you delete 1stbrowser from your PC and go back to using a more reliable web browser as soon as you can.
How does 1stbrowser work?
1stbrowser is based on the Chromium engine, which makes it look rather similar to Google Chrome. However, you should know that the application is not related to Google Inc. in any way. It was developed by SIEN S.A., which is a company that is also responsible for an ad-supported program called Iminent. Once 1stbrowser gets installed, it will be set as your default web browser automatically. Soon after this happens, you will start noticing that the amount of commercial data that appears on your screen while you surf the Web has considerably increased. We urge you not to click on any of the ads, because they may be unreliable. If you do not want to risk your computer’s safety, you should terminate 1stbrowser without delay.
Another aspect of the application that you should know about is that it tracks your cookies. This means that the browser collects information about what pages you visit, what ads you click on, what you search for online, and so on. The collected information is used marketing purposes and may be sold to third parties. Although this data is not personally-identifiable, you should still be careful with the sources that you choose to share it with.
How to delete 1stbrowser?
The most reliable way to remove 1stbrowser or any other unwanted program is by implementing an anti-malware utility. You can download the malware remover from our page and scan your PC with it. The tool will detect all potential issues and erase 1stbrowser along with them. It will also stay useful in the future as it will shield your computer from various Internet-based infections you may encounter as long as it stays installed and updated. Alternative solution is to remove 1stbrowser manually. Since the browser is not a malicious application, you should not have any difficulties with manual 1stbrowser removal. If you need detailed instructions on how to uninstall the unwanted program, you can use the manual removal guide presented below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 1stbrowserUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 1stbrowser. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like 1stbrowser and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall 1stbrowser and related programs.
Remove 1stbrowser from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 1stbrowser from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 1stbrowser from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 1stbrowser from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 1stbrowser or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 1stbrowser from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 1stbrowser from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 1stbrowser from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 1stbrowser from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 1stbrowser and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.