23sou.com is a browser hijacker, exactly the same as many other hijackers. It will enter your computer without your permission, alter settings and possibly follow your browsing sessions, collecting information. You could have acquired this hijacker when you were installing free software. No one would willingly install a browser hijacker if they knew what is was, so the bundling method is used.
What that means is the hijacker is attached to free software in a way that allows it to install alongside. You can prevent this from happening and this will be explained later on in the article. Usually, browser hijackers are considered to be rather harmless and are not referred to as malware. However, if you do find it on your computer, be cautious as it may be tracking your browsing sessions. You will gain nothing by allowing it to remain on your computer, so we recommend you delete 23sou.com.
Why is it necessary to uninstall 23sou.com?
It is very obvious when a browser hijacker has infected your computer because you will see a different homepage when you open your browser. If whenever you launch Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox you get redirected to 23sou.com, you have this hijacker installed. The setting modifications can be undone only after you remove 23sou.com from the system. Until then, you are stuck with 23sou.com as your homepage. If you use the provided search engine, you will be redirected to Yahoo Search, which is a legitimate search engine. There is no need to use some in-between website when you could go to Yahoo directly, thus the provided services are useless to you. It should also be noted 23sou.com is most likely monitoring your browsing activities and gathering information about your browsing habits. Keeping it is not recommended and we recommend you delete 23sou.com as soon as you notice it.
How does 23sou.com spread?
Like most unwanted programs, browser hijackers spread using software bundles. They are attached and set to install alongside the free programs but you can stop them from doing so. All you have to do is choose Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation and deselect what has been added. Just uncheck the boxes and you can then proceed to install the free program without worrying about unwanted items installing as well. If you have a tendency to rush through the installation processes, it is not surprising that you are stuck having to uninstall 23sou.com.
Browser hijackers are sometimes difficult to locate which would make manual 23sou.com removal a bit complex. You will find instructions below this article to help you erase 23sou.com. If you see that you are having difficulty, we suggest obtaining credible anti-malware software. The program would have no problems with locating the hijacker. After you remove 23sou.com, you can go back to usual browsing and change browser’s settings.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 23sou.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 23sou.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like 23sou.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall 23sou.com and related programs.
Remove 23sou.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 23sou.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 23sou.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 23sou.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 23sou.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 23sou.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 23sou.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 23sou.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 23sou.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 23sou.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.