4relay.pw is adware that installs without your knowledge. It can sneak into your computer when you are installing freeware. It works silently, so you might not even be aware of 4relay.pw adware on your computer. The most telling sign is an increase in ads and a slower computer. Adware is not a malicious computer virus that can harm your computer directly but it will still annoy you. 4relay.pw might gather certain information about you and use it to generate targeted ads. In certain cases, it can also bring you trouble as it can expose you to dangerous domains, in which you could accidentally download a serious virus. That is why advise you to erase 4relay.pw from your computer.
How does 4relay.pw spread?
4relay.pw spreads via software bundles. It’s like an additional tool that you can choose to install. That choice is taken away from you if you use Default settings when you install freeware. By choosing those settings, you are automatically giving added items the permission to install. That is why you need to start using Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings allow you to see and choose if you want to install those items. You’d be surprised at how many unwanted items could be added to one piece of freeware. If you installed it, we suggest you uninstall 4relay.pw.
Why must I remove 4relay.pw?
When 4relay.pw installs onto your computer, it will start generating intrusive ads for you. It could be gathering information about you, such as IP addresses, search queries and web history. You will then notice that ads are becoming more and more difficult to resists. That is because adware uses the information gathered to make targeted ads. Those ads will appear everywhere and disturb your browsing, annoying you because pop-ups will be difficult to close. While most ads are harmless, the ads generated by adware can be dangerous. They could be hosted on dangerous domains, so if you were to click on it, you could be end up with malware on your computer. You might not even intend to click on those ads, they could become so intrusive that you’ll accidentally press on something eventually. Besides the ads, your computer will also become much slower and your browser might crash more often. All these problems might be caused by 4relay.pw. We suggest you delete 4relay.pw immediately.
In order to remove 4relay.pw manually, you need to delete 4relay.pw related programs. Manual 4relay.pw removal can be tricky though, as users do not always know what they need to delete specifically. That is why we recommend you use anti-malware software to uninstall 4relay.pw from your computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 4relay.pwUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 4relay.pw. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 4relay.pw and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall 4relay.pw and related programs.
Remove 4relay.pw from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 4relay.pw from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 4relay.pw from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 4relay.pw from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 4relay.pw or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 4relay.pw from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 4relay.pw from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 4relay.pw from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 4relay.pw from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 4relay.pw and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.