What is 6789.com?
6789.com is a browser hijacker that you may suddenly find on your computer. It is one of those aggravating redirect viruses that enters your computer without your explicit permission and makes changes to your browser. You unknowingly allowed this hijacker to enter yourself when you installed freeware. Free software usually comes together with some kind of browser hijacker or adware attached to it.
Those added items are set to install automatically unless you manually deselect them during installation. Hijackers are usually not malicious, they aim to generate income for sponsored pages by redirecting you to them. While usually the redirects are harmless, there are cases when they can lead to trouble. You could be rerouted to an infected website and end up with a serious malware infection on your computer. You need to remove 6789.com.
How does 6789.com spread?
Browser hijackers spread with the help of free software. 6789.com was attached as an additional items and because you missed it, it was allowed to install. When you install freeware, it is essential that you use Advanced or Custom settings because only there will you be able to prevent added items from installing. You will see a clear list of what has been added and all you have to do is uncheck the boxes of those items. This does not take any extra time so do not rush through the process in Default settings. The reason why you are stuck having to uninstall 6789.com now is probably because you hurriedly installed the freeware.
Why delete 6789.com?
6789.com will become your homepage on all browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The settings of those browsers will be changed without your permission and you will be unable to undo them until you remove 6789.com from the computer. Until then, every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to 6789.com. The page is in Chinese so if you do not speak the language, you probably do not need more convincing to terminate 6789.com. You will be presented with a search engine and many links to various pages. We do not suggest using anything that has anything to do with this hijacker because who knows where you will end up. You will probably be redirected to weird web pages that have little to do with what you assumed it to be. You could even be led to malicious pages where malware is lurking. You might end up with a serious virus infection thus we suggest you uninstall 6789.com immediately.
If you do not have much experience in this, we recommend you obtain professional removal software to delete 6789.com. The program would locate and erase 6789.com without trouble. You can take care of 6789.com removal manually if you wish. We will provide instructions below this article to help you but bear in mind that it will take longer as you have to locate the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 6789.com VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 6789.com Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 6789.com Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall 6789.com Virus and related programs.
Remove 6789.com Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 6789.com Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 6789.com Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 6789.com Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 6789.com Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 6789.com Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 6789.com Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 6789.com Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 6789.com Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 6789.com Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.