7ev3n Virus Removal Guide (Uninstall 7ev3n Virus)
7ev3n Virus is classified as a ransomware application. It is similar to other malicious software of this type such as Radamant, NanoLocker, JS.Crypto, TeslaCrypt, and others. The main purpose of the infection is to damage your data files and then demand a ransom for them. It claims that the only way for you to restore your data is by making the payment.
The parasite uses various tricks in order to infiltrate the computer. It spreads through fake adverts appearing on unreliable sites, corrupted links sent via Facebook or Twitter, illegal software bundles, spam email attachments with self-extracting WinRAR file, and more. You should eliminate 7ev3n Virus from your computer as soon as you realize that it has been infected.
Once 7ev3n Virus gets access to your system, it scans your computer and starts the encryption process. It encrypts you data including your photos, documents, videos, presentations, databases, music, and more. After this process is complete, you will no longer be able to access the corrupted files. You will also be presented with a notification claiming that you have only 96 hours to recover your data. It will also state that you can do that only by purchasing a private decryption key. The key costs 13 Bitcoins, which is about $5000. Needless to say, that is a lot of money. In most cases, the cyber criminals demand a smaller fee. However, regardless of the actual sum of the ransom, you should not pay it no matter what. There is no way to be sure that after making the payment, you will restore your files. You should not waste your money like that.
The malicious program will run every time you restart your PC. It will also block certain executable files, so you will not be able to run some of your programs, possibly your web browser as well. There is no question that you need to delete 7ev3n Virus from your computer. The sooner you do that, the better.
How to remove 7ev3n Virus?
The safest way to delete 7ev3n Virus is to implement a malware removal and prevention utility. We would not advise attempting to remove 7ev3n Virus unless you have advanced system knowledge. Instead, you should download an anti-malware tool and let it take care of your system automatically. In order to access the Internet and download the utility, you will have to restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. Once you do, you will be able to terminate 7ev3n Virus. Unfortunately, 7ev3n Virus removal does not mean that your files will be recovered as well. You can try restoring them from backup (if you have one) or by using one of the data decryption tools available online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 7ev3n VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 7ev3n Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 7ev3n Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall 7ev3n Virus and related programs.
Remove 7ev3n Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 7ev3n Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 7ev3n Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 7ev3n Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 7ev3n Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 7ev3n Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 7ev3n Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 7ev3n Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 7ev3n Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 7ev3n Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.