About this threat
‘877-836-0562’ Pop-Ups are a tech-support scam caused by adware. Adware itself is not a dangerous infection and does not directly harm the computer, however, it does cause other issues. This one in particular will generate pop-ups that will claim your computer has been compromised and that you could be putting it in danger.
You are asked to call the provided number and a supposed technician would help you. What would happen is you would be sold overpriced useless software or the scammers would try to get remote access to your computer. There is nothing wrong with your computer, unless the infection is unrelated to this, and the warnings are caused by adware. If you want to delete ‘877-836-0562’ Pop-Ups, you need to get rid of the adware. And make sure you know how to prevent similar infection in the future.
How did you get the adware?
The adware was added to freeware as an extra offer, and you did not notice. When you install free programs, you need to make sure you deselect all added offers, otherwise they will install alongside. Choose Advanced or Custom settings when you install freeware, and you will be able to check for added offers. If there is something, you will be allowed to deselect it. Make sure that you uncheck all the offers because otherwise, you will end up having to remove ‘877-836-0562’ Pop-Ups or similar over and over again.
Are the warnings real?
The pop-up warnings will start appearing as soon as the adware is installed. They will appear on all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so you won’t be able to run away from the problem. And there is no reason to not uninstall ‘877-836-0562’ Pop-Ups, so you best get right on it. The pop-up will claim that your computer has been infected with some kind of malware and your personal information is being compromised. That supposedly includes your passwords, browser history and credit card data. It tries to further scare you by claiming the malware is known for identity theft. This might scare inexperienced users into calling the provided number, where supposed Microsoft technicians would help them. Since this is a scam, there is nothing the ‘technician’ can do to help you, he/she would just try to make you buy expensive but completely useless software. This is how tech-scams work. Always remember that Microsoft will never show you these kinds of pop-ups and will never ask you to call them. When you encounter such pop-ups, know that they are always a scam. Delete ‘877-836-0562’ Pop-Ups.
‘877-836-0562’ Pop-Ups removal
You may need to obtain anti-spyware software in order to fully remove ‘877-836-0562’ Pop-Ups. Manual ‘877-836-0562’ Pop-Ups removal, while fully possible, may take longer than you realize as you will have to find the adware yourself. We will provide instructions to help you uninstall ‘877-836-0562’ Pop-Ups below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 877-836-0562 Pop-UpsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups and related programs.
Remove 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 877-836-0562 Pop-Ups and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.