What is 99tab.com?
99tab.com is a browser hijacker that can alter your settings and cause other changes to your online surfing. It aims at making profit by generating web traffic, which means that it will expose you to different types of advertisements. The hijacker affects all well-known web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and others. It uses the bundling distribution method, so you most likely acquired it by accident. There is no reason for you to keep this potentially unwanted program installed. The sooner you get rid of 99tab.com, the better.
How does 99tab.com work?
As soon as the hijacker is installed, it switches your browser settings including your homepage and your default search provider. Both of these settings get replaced by 99tab.com. This webpage does not differ much from other search portals, however, it does expose you to advertising content. Please note that the sponsored content that you see on it is not endorsed by the hijacker. The same goes for the adverts that you see on other websites. If you click on a fake ad, you will risk exposing your computer to malicious programs.
It is also important that you know that the hijacker uses tracking cookies. This means that it collects information about your browsing including your visited domains, search terms, clicked ads, and more. This data is used to create customized advertisements and thus improve the chances of you clicking on the sponsored links. It may not be that easy to distinguish legitimate ads from fake ones. And if you click on fake advertising data, you risk falling for an online scam. If you do not want to infect your computer, lose your money, or share your personal details with unreliable sources, you should not hesitate to delete 99tab.com from your browsers.
How to remove 99tab.com?
There is no question that you should erase 99tab.com completely as there is nothing beneficial about it and it only causes unnecessary complications. Two possible solutions are manual and automatic 99tab.com removal. The first option involves you uninstalling the hijacker’s related software from your PC and restoring your browser preferences. You can find manual removal guide below this article, which explains how to terminate 99tab.com in more detail. Alternatively, you can download and implement the anti-malware from our site. It will scan your computer, detect all issues, and eliminate 99tab.com along with its components. The utility will also provide your system with online protection in real time, so that you do not have to be concerned about similar and more serious infections ever again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 99tab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 99tab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 99tab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall 99tab.com and related programs.
Remove 99tab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 99tab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 99tab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 99tab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 99tab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 99tab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 99tab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 99tab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 99tab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 99tab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.