What is 9o0gle.com?
9o0gle.com does not seem to be a bad search engine at first; however, the truth is that this search engine is a part of a browser hijacker infection. If your browser settings are altered and you see 9o0gle.com set as your homepage and search engine, it means that this computer infection is inside your computer. Even though 9o0gle.com does not look like a bad search provider, specialists are sure that its main aim is to make profit for the developers.
Therefore, it shows all kinds of commercial ads and causes redirections to third-party websites. These ads are known to be able to cause harm to computers, so specialists suggest that you remove 9o0gle.com right now in order to prevent this from happening. Many users find the 9o0gle.com removal quite challenging, so we have decided to provide more information on this topic in this article. Read it attentively if you wish to find out what to do!
How does 9o0gle.com work?
9o0gle.com looks and acts like an ordinary search engine. It returns search results like other search providers; however, if you look at its search results closer, you will notice that they differ much from those provided by legitimate search engines like Bing, Yahoo!, and Google. The search results page of 9o0gle.com will be full of commercial advertisements. They will lead to third-party websites, and you will not find information related to the search query there. Unfortunately, it is known that this questionable search engine might even take you to bad third-party websites administered by cyber criminals, which means that it might cause harm to the computer. Believe us; it is definitely not worth keeping and using 9o0gle.com just because it looks quite trustworthy and contains quick access buttons leading to Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other popular websites. We will focus on the 9o0gle.com removal in the last paragraph of the article.
How did 9o0gle.com browser hijacker enter my computer?
Browser hijackers are usually spread like other malicious applications, i.e. they enter computers bundled with free applications. It has been spotted that applications that usually come with additional malware are various PDF converters, optimization tools, and similar software classified as freeware and shareware. Therefore, it is highly recommended to download these programs only from their official websites in order not to allow additional threats to enter the computer. Also, you should not forget to install new programs very attentively because, in some cases, users can decline the installation of undesirable software themselves.
How can I uninstall 9o0gle.com from my computer?
As there are so many good search engines available, it would be a sin to keep 9o0gle.com which can cause harm to the computer. There are two ways to delete 9o0gle.com: you can either get rid of it manually or automatically. It is, of course, easier to remove 9o0gle.com automatically, so we suggest using this method if you do not consider yourself a very experienced computer user. All you need to do to delete 9o0gle.com from your PC is to scan your system with a reliable scanner.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 9o0gle.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 9o0gle.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 9o0gle.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall 9o0gle.com and related programs.
Remove 9o0gle.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 9o0gle.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 9o0gle.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 9o0gle.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 9o0gle.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 9o0gle.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 9o0gle.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 9o0gle.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 9o0gle.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 9o0gle.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.