Addonjet Removal Instructions (Uninstall Addonjet)
Addonjet is a yet another advertising-supported application that will flood you with banners, coupons, video ads, in-text ads, and other types of commercials. It is powered by Rolext Technologies and aimed at promoting its sponsors.
There is nothing valuable about the program for computer users, because the adverts that it shows you will not only slow down your online surfing, but also lower your cyber security level. You should not click on the suspicious advertisements labeled “Addonjet Ads”, “Powered by Addonjet”, and so on. If you want to eliminate these commercials from your browsers, you will have to delete Addonjet from your computer.
Addonjet does not differ much from other ad-supported apps. It employs pay-per-click system, which means that its developers earn revenue each time you click on one of the ads. The problem with the advertising data is that it is not monitored by anyone. The commercials could be fake and they may lead you to corrupted sites. If you land on one, you risk infecting your PC with malicious or potentially unwanted programs. You may also be exposed to other scams aimed at acquiring your personal details or extorting your money. It is clear that it would be best to stay away from all adverts until you terminate Addonjet altogether.
It is possible that you do not remember installing the application onto your computer. This may be because it has entered your system bundled with other freeware. When you install free software, you need to pay attention to its installation wizard as it often comes with additional offers. These offers usually include adware or browser hijackers. You can avoid installing them, if you choose the Advanced (or Custom) installation mode and decline all optional offers. That way you will be able to acquire only the program that you actually need. We advise that you follow these tips the next time you deal with free software.
How to remove Addonjet?
There are two ways you can erase Addonjet from your PC: manually or automatically. Automatic removal is a more reliable way to go, because it allows you to clean your system completely. If you download the anti-malware tool from our page, you will be able to scan your computer and detect all potential threats. The utility will then delete Addonjet along with other unwanted files and apps. The security tool will not only remove Addonjet automatically, but it will also help you keep your system safe in the future by shielding it from various online infections. Alternative solution to Addonjet removal is to complete it manually. You can do that by following the instructions that we have prepared below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove AddonjetUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Addonjet. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Addonjet and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Addonjet and related programs.
Remove Addonjet from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Addonjet from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Addonjet from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Addonjet from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Addonjet or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Addonjet from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Addonjet from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Addonjet from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Addonjet from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Addonjet and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.